[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What is one of the colors on a clownfish? (hint there is a clownfish on the CR logo in the top left corner of the page.)

Blueline LED, give credit where credit is due.

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default Blueline LED, give credit where credit is due.

I brought in LEDs "blueline." The prices are amazing. Price will only be discussed in the store. The quality is top notch. I am switching over the store so I will also have several used halides for sale. If you want to see in person and judge for yourself LED vs halide, now would be a good time. I will have them right next to each other for comparison.
    Last edited by jimsflies; 03-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.

2. Visit Reef Solution's website
    thepanfish - Reefkeeper CR Member

These are OEM correct, you are not the sole distributor? Also, what kind of cooling do these have?

EDIT: These look like all the "Black Box" fixtures online, the 120w pendants.

CR Member

I agree with panfish these seem to be the generic chinese manufactured 120watt two switch pendants that a half dozen or more manufactures have relabeled and branded like the evolution leds. With no apparent control in terms of dimming these lights are far behind in terms of technology. AI, ecotech, JBJ, mazarra, and a select few others are the cream of the crop. I owned a 20k evolution 120 watt pendant and was the worst product i have ever owned at 32 in off the water in a 1ft shallow reef it bleached all my palys and some sps. Obviously without taking both lights apart it would be unfair to so they are identical but based on specs and design they certainly seem the same.

I have them in the store if you would like to see them in action. I was able to remove 10 x 400 watt metal halides in exchange of 4 120 watt blue lines. The brightness is and color appear to be 14K. They will pay for themselves in 8 months or sooner as I sell off the used Halide fixtures( not counting the fact that my chillers will come on far less). They also have an atinic setting. They do not dim and they do not create thunder storms. that is saved for the expensive fixtures that i also like.

The lights have cooling fans to cool them. They are not hot at all. My goal is to cut the electric bill and buy more coral and fish. I think the lights will help there. I have put them on several tanks already and none have been returned. One did fall in the water. It stayed on for 20 minutes lit completely submerged. That was bad. Only the white lights work now. I love these things. I will check them with par meter as well. I am sure they will do the job as they have in so many of my other customers tanks.

jayjay60, the units are bright. it would shock a lot at a one foot depth. since the can not dim i would cut down the white photo period and then slowly increase it. I have done that when adding more par and had good luck in the past that way. I don't know if the brand you used is the same as the ones i got.

I am selling the units at a very good price so that price is not a factor.

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlitofish View Post
    I have them in the store if you would like to see them in action. I was able to remove 10 x 400 watt metal halides in exchange of 4 120 watt blue lines. The brightness is and color appear to be 14K. They will pay for themselves in 8 months or sooner as I sell off the used Halide fixtures( not counting the fact that my chillers will come on far less). They also have an atinic setting. They do not dim and they do not create thunder storms. that is saved for the expensive fixtures that i also like.

The lights have cooling fans to cool them. They are not hot at all. My goal is to cut the electric bill and buy more coral and fish. I think the lights will help there. I have put them on several tanks already and none have been returned. One did fall in the water. It stayed on for 20 minutes lit completely submerged. That was bad. Only the white lights work now. I love these things. I will check them with par meter as well. I am sure they will do the job as they have in so many of my other customers tanks.

jayjay60, the units are bright. it would shock a lot at a one foot depth. since the can not dim i would cut down the white photo period and then slowly increase it. I have done that when adding more par and had good luck in the past that way. I don't know if the brand you used is the same as the ones i got.

I am selling the units at a very good price so that price is not a factor.
    The corals were 42in away from the bottom of the light and white was only on 4 hrs a day and blue a total of 8 ( so a total period of 8 hrs)h i dont think i could have safe guarded the corals any more than i did besides raising the light to about 4 ft and had it hit the drop ceiling which is ridiculous especialy if you have a tank with a canopy. Sorry my experience with those compared to the sol and unibody is night and day.

ebushrow - Reefkeeper CR Member

Would u possibly pm me a price as it is a pretty long drive there... You could even put an expiration time on the price of you wish. Thanks

thepanfish - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlitofish View Post
    No one said they don't look good or light a tank, all we're saying is this fixture seems to one of the tens out there. Sure they'll grow coral, and work very well in a setting such as yours, but the draw to LED is control. Without even a simple potentiometer dimmer what will happen of the corals? Diminishing the photo-period is only a temporary solution. Even then, some corals might not adapt. All I'm saying is these will work well for deep display tanks, wide tanks, and/or coral grow outs, but I fail to see a use for your average hobbyist.

WillBattle - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by thepanfish View Post
    No one said they don't look good or light a tank, all we're saying is this fixture seems to one of the tens out there. Sure they'll grow coral, and work very well in a setting such as yours, but the draw to LED is control. Without even a simple potentiometer dimmer what will happen of the corals? Diminishing the photo-period is only a temporary solution. Even then, some corals might not adapt. All I'm saying is these will work well for deep display tanks, wide tanks, and/or coral grow outs, but I fail to see a use for your average hobbyist.
    Totally agreed, for average hobbyists, one of the biggest advantages of leds is controll. Not everyone will have the space ( or tank depth) to move a bunch of corals around to aid in the acculmation to undimmable leds. For example - my girlfriend is in the process of setting up a 29 gal biocube, and is going to be running one of the fixtures made from Matt at reeftechpro, there would be no way to run that fixture on her tank, if it was not dimmable

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay60 View Post
    The corals were 42in away from the bottom of the light and white was only on 4 hrs a day and blue a total of 8 ( so a total period of 8 hrs)h i dont think i could have safe guarded the corals any more than i did besides raising the light to about 4 ft and had it hit the drop ceiling which is ridiculous especialy if you have a tank with a canopy. Sorry my experience with those compared to the sol and unibody is night and day.
    It doesnt matter how high you put the leds, Air space doesnt effect leds like it does T5 and MH. I'm sure at 4+ feet you may see a drop off only because of beam angle though and not much really in comparison. I do agree with you that ability to dim them is huge and units without the ability to dim are very low on the wanted list.
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    Likes carlitofish liked this post

CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - Emerald Eyes Photo of the Month Contest

these lights do in fact lack the ability to dim. they also lack the cost of all the fixtures listed above. Some might think they are better suited for fish only tanks because they will bleach corals. i personally own AI lights and have SPS, Palys, LPS, and softies all within 1 foot depths directly under these lights, set at 90%. proper acclimation is they key. one way this is easily accomplished is by installing black screening material from Home Depot on top of the tank. This will end the initial bleaching. the light spread on these lights are incredible. there are no optics, which really should decrease the amount of bleaching. i plan to test and post the par value on these as soon as i have time available.
    but i would not recomend adding this much light to a tank that is only 12" deep.
    [imglink]http://www.rowelab.com/AquaController/sig.php?n=flynnstone[/imglink]
    Likes carlitofish liked this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last