[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ann arbor swap

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    joe

Default ann arbor swap

was just wondering about the ann arbor swap? if any ideas have been thrown around. i have a friend that is in charge of show rooms at the holiday inn on plymoth and 23 if looking for a place to host. nice thing is there is a resturant attached to that hotel. so was just curious if any ideas for time of year or place.

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Send Chris aka Sir Patrick a message. He's usually the one that sets that up and if I remember correctly it's usually in September sometime. I really liked the outlay last year and there appeared to be plenty of room.

Does he do any of the hotels in the Flint area?

Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

WIll be late september or october. It is a pretty big event so hard to hold in a hotel at an affordable price. But send Chris an email.

Tropical Buff - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bart
    Blog Entries

I suggest we try to have more than 1 event especailly if we have a posible place to have it. Has Captive Reef ever Sponsored or had a frag swap? Maybe it could be a swap sponsored or put on by both Captive Reef and A2reefs?? Its just an idea
    Last edited by Tropical Buff; 03-13-2012 at 08:42 AM.

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Jim/captive reefs is usually a sponsor at all the swaps. His table is always near the door. Last year he put on our club's, FRAG, swap in Flint. Jim's club is the one who puts on the insane/huge Lansing swap every year.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'm always happy to help out. CR was involved with the Ann Arbor one two years ago.

CR along with MMMC (Lansing club) is also involved in the upcoming Grand Rapids Workshop/Swap on April 28.

CR Member
    First Name
    joe

i knew we did it in september last year but the year before it was earlier so i did not know if they were going to stick with the fall or not i just have lots of frags ive been growing out. and was hoping to save them for the swap. thanks everyone for the input. i know hotels cost more money but with my friend in charge of event planning i was hoping to maybe get a discount. plus her husband is a fellow reefer.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Joe-

PM me your phone number. I am interested in the details.

As of right now, I think we have found our spot, but will not pass on the opportunity to hear what a local reefer has come across, as far as location.

As of right now, time of year isnt exactly set in stone, yet. That is something that still needs to be worked out, between a couple clubs.

I think a smaller meet/swap might be a good idea, before summer hits- circumstances providing.

Tropical Buff - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bart
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joe ringbloom View Post
    i knew we did it in september last year but the year before it was earlier so i did not know if they were going to stick with the fall or not i just have lots of frags ive been growing out. and was hoping to save them for the swap. thanks everyone for the input. i know hotels cost more money but with my friend in charge of event planning i was hoping to maybe get a discount. plus her husband is a fellow reefer.
    I would be more than happy to help you with those frags lol