[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Eric Borneman

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reef_Angel View Post
    Jason, thank you for updating us on the meeting you went to with Eric Borneman as the speaker. What an opportunity for you! Not to mention all the visuals provided at the meeting. That would be utterly awesome. You have had him at your meeting once before, am I correct? You lucky 'ol Sea Dog you!! hehehe! I think I should move to UTAH! :p I would love to get the opportunity to listen to someone like that as well. Unfortunately, we aren't in a position financially just to pick up and fly wherever. Bummer huh? I expect many of our members may be in like situations, but it doesn't keep us from reefing! Thank you very much Jason for extending a personally delivered invitation from CR to join us here. Wouldn't it be fantastic to add him to our current expert Mr. Calfo?

Greg, you never mentioned talking to him with me. Thank you also for taking the bull by the horns! Let's hope he takes these two invites to heart and knows just how welcome he would be here at Captive Reefing!

I can't say how proud we are of our Moderator's for Captive Reefing!! You guys do such a great job, and I don't know what we'd do without you!
    ....Angel
    Hey Reef Angel, are you not aware of the WI Reef Society (WRS)??? They have great speakers often. I know Anthony has spoken there and Ron Shimek and I believe Eric, too. I'm fomerly from Madison, moved to FL one year ago. If you haven't heard of WRS here's a link to their web site - http://www.wisconsinreefsociety.org/WiReef/index.html

It's a good group.
    Amphibious

If ignorance is BLISS, why are there so many miserable people in the world???

Our web site, The Cultured Reef

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

We've heard of it but haven't really had the time to look into WRS, we are a 3 hour drive from Milwaukee so never really looked too deeply... Seems like just about everything is at least 3 hours from us, so it's really not so bad a drive now, especially now that we see so little of our daughter...
    Guess we'll check it out shortly.. thanks for the reminder!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Quote Originally Posted by graphixx View Post
    hey is it possible for someone who is not a member to come to these meetings.
    All are welcome to our meetings! Most of us in the presidency do consider the Idaho club to be our sister club. We usually travel together to see your reef tour, and I know there is usually a van full from up north to see ours. Check our site at Utahreefs.com to find upcoming speakers. We are hosting Steven Pro next month, and I believe Calfo is coming in the spring!

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Suzy, thanks will have to check it out. thanks I appreciate it.
    fulltankshot 1 - Eric Borneman

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Wink

Eric and I at Aquatic Dreams in Ogden, Utah... eat it up Greg. I know I told you. Steven Pro next month.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Red face

Thanks Amphibious! YES, I do know about WRS, and right now I'm a little red in the face. Dakar (hubby) pretty much summed it up for us though. We are also so caught up in this site that I don't think we get around all that much. I don't think a day goes by that we're not doing something or other to better the site. I still am working on our BIG banner for the page tops! :o The daughter excuse is a good one as she is involved with anything she can get her hands on. We're quite proud of her. She's very involved in school groups and church youth events. Soon she will have her license and we won't be running so much, but when she's involved in all these things, we are always supportive and make sure we are there to support her. The phone rings off the wall, and it's seldom for Dakar or I! We also have a 22 yr old son (Josh) that lives pretty close, so I often have our Grand Daughter Jorden hang around with me during the day. It feels like raising another child sometimes.

We figure that one of these days they won't all need us so much, or visa-versa , that we will be able to do some of the adult things we would really like to do. Delegating more responsibility out to our members is lightening our load quite a bit also. That really helps to! Thanks folks!

We're off to bed now...Church in the morning! Thanks for the reminder about WRS. Honestly, I hardly ever get off our site here!
    Have a great evening!
    ....Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    Hey Reef Angel, are you not aware of the WI Reef Society (WRS)??? They have great speakers often. I know Anthony has spoken there and Ron Shimek and I believe Eric, too. I'm fomerly from Madison, moved to FL one year ago. If you haven't heard of WRS here's a link to their web site - http://www.wisconsinreefsociety.org/WiReef/index.html

It's a good group.
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Can I put in a plug here for our local clubs?

I have been involved in ours almost since it's conception, over 10 years. I must say I do love our website, and my own, and I do realize the effort you put into yours.

But, your local club is not work, you just show up! You meet with other reefers, you trade frags, you meet famous authors, you get cheap equipment when others upgrade (or downgrade),ect,ect.

We all have busy lives, but we do need to make room for something fun for us! We do all bring our kids and they make friends for life, too. Here's my YouTube Tribute to our kids:

Dang! Your site won't let me post it!

Maybe Jason can?

Anyway, I really think local clubs do a lot of good in our community. If you live on the East coast, your local club might even bring MACNA to your back door!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Can I put in a plug here for our local clubs?

Dang! Your site won't let me post it!

Maybe Jason can?

Sorry about that 10 posts required to post a URL.... unfortuantely defeating spammers also means legitimate newer members end up with a few restrictions as well But none that are hard to overcome, one more post and you won't have to worry about that one any longer.

And by all means please post your plugs! If they are not listed in our Directory feel free to add links there as well.
    Here's a direct link to the Reef Clubs page;
    http://www.captivereefing.com/directory/index.php?c=150
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

Anthony is speaking here in the burgh in dec. Greg flew on over.
    George

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2