[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Georgia Aqurium visit. AMAZING!

Bookmark and Share

Default Georgia Aqurium visit. AMAZING!

Hey guys I dont have the pics developed yet but I just went there this past sunday and let me tell you its the most amazing thing I have ever seen! The 800,000+ gallon reef tank is really interesting and intriging. The use of dumping water to mix in the oxygen and create the wave simulation is really cool, but what I found most interesting is the case of the salinity. Its keep anywhere between 1.30 - 1.32 Thats really high and I was just wondering is that ok for the fish? They said this is prime salinity for the corals to grow in. Awsome awsome place you guys need to check it out!
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

live close to Atl. I couldent agree more awsome:D

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

Hey fatman, i wish i could get down there to check that out man. as for the salinity ... Eric Borneman kept his display tank at the same levels, they say that that actually is the prime range for corals to grow. And he had corals in there that he had to have permits and government funding and permission to keep. it does seem a little high for fish though. i guess it would be ok as long as all new fish and corals where acclimated for a long time (at least 3 hours), with a slow drip acclimation.

Yeah its pretty amazing, and i may contemplate the salinity change cause their corals were doing amazing.

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

has anyone tried this saltinity level? just curious if fish were tolerating it...

Quote Originally Posted by Iconz View Post
    has anyone tried this saltinity level? just curious if fish were tolerating it...
    From what I saw the fish were tolerating it just fine. It just makes their body work harder to get rid of the salt they osomisize.