[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Default CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review

I thought I'd start a thread with photos and comments from MACNA this year. This first post, was written from 30,000' compliments of Delta's wireless service en route to Orlando.

Looking forward to a few new product launches, seeing the latest advances in lighting (LED and Plasma), hanging with fellow reefers - and of course good food and wine.

More to follow...

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Can't wait to see what VorTechs new release will be!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

First Name
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Can't wait to see what VorTechs new release will be!
    I agree - I'm sure it will be stellar considering I just bought another MP40

In addition to Ecotech, I'm looking forward to;

• Neptune - Hoping for release of new Aqua Illumination control module.
    • Aqua Illumination - See the new SOL Blues in person and get timeline for upgrades.
    • CoralMorphologic - See the new Floridus Flower Anemones

The exhibitor and speaker lists are a veritable "who's who" in reefing. I'm sure there will be many new things to report.

(Still at 30,00' - Just passing Atlanta)

BriGuy31+ - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Brian
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Tagging along. Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to any AI news, seeing on how I just bought one. Thanks for any info. HAVE FUN!!!

First Name
    Thomas

Default On-site at the Orlando Marriott World Center Resort

I forgot how large this hotel was (the biggest in Central Florida I'm told.)
    Pool - CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review
    View of the pool from my room on the 17th floor.

I shared the flight down with Sanjay Joshi (although we didn't notice until the end of the flight) so we had a little time to talk LEDS. One of Sanjay's lectures will cover spectrum, specifically, looking for the missing coloration piece. He also JUST had an opportunity to work his magic on a Stray Light Plasma unit - I'm looking forward to learning more.

Not much happening till this evening. Having Dinner with "Nineball" (RC) - He's in the middle of a spectacular 1450+ gallon build that is best practices throughout - it's amazing. I highly recommend looking it up on RC. .

Everything else begins tomorrow morning. That's if for now, time to go find lunch and perhaps a cocktail

XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Ryan

Looks like you are in for a nice extended weekend! --Looking forward to more updates.

First Name
    Rob

Im crying inside looking at the view from the hotel. Its been at least 16 years since I've been to Florida. And to think I was going for months, then to be let down just a few weeks ago.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris

^ I here ya rob! Maybe next year- right?? I think Im gonna put an honest effort in goin next year.

First Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    ^ I here ya rob! Maybe next year- right?? I think Im gonna put an honest effort in goin next year.
    Ya, but its in freakin Iowa. You don't walk of the plane in Iowa and say "oh, small that fresh salty Florida air" what the **** are we gonna do when we aren't at the convention? Shuck corn! Lol

First Name
    Thomas

I'm later for dinner -but here's a few photo's from the exhibit hall today...

DSC 0895 - CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review
    DFS has a couple of STUNNING tanks on display. This 3 story zero edge tank was remarkable. If you look closely at the mangrove tank on top, you'll see a school of Cardinals

DSC 0902 - CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review

DSC 0873 - CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review
    This round zero edge tank was lit with a trio of photon cannons...very beautiful.

DSC 0845 - CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review
    Sunbrite was showing a variety of PAR38 LEDS, the colors to the left of the photo are clearly intended for non-reefing purposes (note the comment written in marker on the tank.)

DSC 0890 - CSQ's MACNA 2010 Review
    This is one of Coral Morphologic's Florida Flower Anemones - lots of different colors, all very beautiful.

Again this year, the major theme seems to be LED lighting, there are more than a dozen brands...

Off to dinner - more later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last