[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

Bookmark and Share
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

MMMC Raffle - Sunday 1/30/2011

The Mid-Michigan Marine Club (MMMC) is hosting its 5th Annual Swap in Lansing, MI this weekend. MMMC was founded not only to bring hobbyists together to exchange friendship and knowledge, but also to further public eduction about coral reefs. As part of this event, the club has a raffle to raise funds for its Classroom Reef Tank project. In addition to the Classroom Reef Tank project, the club has also donated funds to local libraries to purchase children's books about natural reefs and has also helped Potter's Park Zoo with their exhibit.

Without the generous donations of the reef community, these activities would not be possible. Its not only the donors of the awesome raffle items that we will have this weekend, that make it possible, its the reef hobbyists that come to the swap and purchase raffle tickets. Please set aside some funds this weekend to buy raffle tickets. Besides helping MMMC with its projects, it's great fun and excitement to be part of the raffle. There are enough prizes, that your odds of winning something should be very high...of course the more tickets you buy, the better your chances.

The raffle will start at 3 pm. It will likely go for at least an hour...as we have more than 60 prizes to give away. Ticket prices are as follows: $1 each, 13 for $10, and 30 for $20.

I would also like to mention, that the donors of these items do so out of generosity and love for the hobby. Please consider purchasing something from them at the swap and/or in the future when you have reefing needs. I can't tell you how hard it is to get donations and one common theme is that businesses say that they typically don't hear one thing about their donation or receive additional business as a result. Supporting businesses that support our efforts both the club and Captive Reefs, helps support our hobby and the activities that we are enjoying.

As always, I'm sure additional reefers and businesses will add to our raffle at the event! If I you in the lists below, please let me know so I can add you.

raffle drygoods - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

Drygoods Donors*
    Air, Water and Ice
    Alternative Reef
    Bashsea
    The Blue Glow
    Captive Reefs
    Dirks Dry Goods
    Inland Hobby
    Premium Aquatics
    Preuss Pets
    Reef Nutrition
    Reef Solutions
    Wayne Oliver (hobbyist)
    raffle reefnutrition - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

Livestock Donors*

A&M Aquatics
    Cherry Corals
    Happy Corals
    Pacific East Aquaculture
    Pro Corals
    BKS709 (hobbyist)
    EMU Reef (hobbyist)
    Sir Patrick (hobbyist)

*Note, the photos here only include some of the livestock raffle items that will be available:
    aDSC 3974Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3973Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3972Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3971Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3966Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3983Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3963Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

aDSC 3960Medium - MMMC Lansing Swap Raffle!!!!!

Last edited by jimsflies; 01-28-2011 at 09:46 AM.

steve&mari - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thank you all that donated and we have lil saved for this.
    See ya Sunday
    Steve

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

thanks for the donations! they all look amazing!

First Name
    Manoj
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner Tank of the Month

Sweet stuff...too bad I will not win any. I never win lol, but will surely give it a try.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Thanks everyone for their donations! Look forward to seeing all at the swap.

MyNemesis - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    John
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Fishbowl Drawing #3 MCES 2012 ($25 Reef Paradise Gift Certificate)

Wonderful prizes. Thanks to all who donated. Many sellers will make additional donations after the swap starts, so there will be lots of goodies for sure! It is possible to win. I seem to win the Reef Nutrition products which is cool, cause they are $20.00 a bottle and last forever. Last year I won a $275.00 scoli and only bought $20.00 worth of tickets.