[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Birds nest!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Birds nest!

I got my first teeny tiny piece of Birds nest ( thanks Tom)
    Although I don't expect it to live being under CF's, at the moment it looks wonderful. It's been open since I put it in my tank.
    I would like very much to keep it alive. This is where y'all come in. I need to know, placement, flow and supplements? At the moment I have her here.18b19601 ee93 1165 - Birds nest! high up on the LR.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Should be fine, I kept a birds nest under cf lights before. Just keep it up top, with medium high flow. No supplements required, just got params and light!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Agree with Rob...

I have a green birdsnest frag that I picked up at the August swap at Cranbrook, and it's doing great under my power compacts. It's grown from 3 tips/points to about 20 now, and has great color. I have it set about 2/3 of the way down in my tank.

I have an Oceanic BC29, but I'm cheating a little... I modded my hood with the NanoTuner 4.36 kit to run (4) 36w bulbs, and have all UVL-R (reflector) PC bulbs.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Thanks guys! Now I just need to find a place with higher flow. I'm using a hydro flow and where she's at there's not much flow, that's the highest point in my tank.

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

ive got just the reg 29g biocube with 2 36w pc's and ive got a stag acro, poccilipora, and spongodes going strong( and no they are NOT brown )

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by demonclownfish View Post
    ive got just the reg 29g biocube with 2 36w pc's and ive got a stag acro, poccilipora, and spongodes going strong( and no they are NOT brown )
    so they're white is what ur saying....

kidding.

Keep alk stable and you will do fine. Welcome to sps corals. There is nothing cooler!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

18b19601 a29d 5ef0 - Birds nest!

@DC: what do u mean, NOT brown? The polyps are brown on mine. Is there something wrong with it? The above is from The Pet Stop

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

i mean, they have the color they are supposed to be. you have a brown birdsnest so its brown. my acro is green like its supposed to be and my pocci is tan, and spongodes are green.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

what Demon is getting at is that SPS tend to turn brown when stressed out or not doing good, minus SPS that are actually brown like yours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last