[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Bringing corals from Canada?

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Bella127 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Pete
    Awards Fantasy Football Champion - 2012 Fantasy Football League Champ Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Pro X View Post
    Please post pics of these on Reef Paradise Sponsor Forum if and when they become available. Kind of Classless to advertise Reef Paradise on general forums IMO.
    Classless ! I think not . Thanks for the heads up Andy .

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Please post pics of these on Reef Paradise Sponsor Forum if and when they become available. Kind of Classless to advertise Reef Paradise on general forums IMO.
    What would be classless is not informing Jim that it would cost him hundreds of dollars in permits plus shipping,, a big hassle only to purchase a few frags vs driving 10 minutes from his house to his LFS he visits on a weekly basis IMO. Not that it wouldn't be cool to go to reef raft it not worth the headache.

But if you want to get technical, reef raft isn't a sponsor here where reef paradise is, so why wouldn't andy have the right to post what corals he has available (even on a general forum) that he paid to do so?

Not sure how classless it is to advertise where I pay to advertise. In fact I think it is quite appropriate to let the op know where he can obtain the above non-sponsor advertised corals without violating international law.

1008 1 - Bringing corals from Canada?
    facebook - Bringing corals from Canada?
    Likes CalmSeasQuest liked this post

CR Member

Reef Paradise pays for its own Sponsor Forum; not to drum up business in general forums.

Quote Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
    Not sure how classless it is to advertise where I pay to advertise. In fact I think it is quite appropriate to let the op know where he can obtain the above non-sponsor advertised corals without violating international law.

CR Member

I understand trying to help a fellow reefer out by providing information re: importing corals but to try to push ones own agenda is questionable.
    If you want to get technical, Reef Paradise didn't pay to advertise in General Forums. Jimsflies; Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't flame me for pointing out basic forum etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by bluwc View Post
    What would be classless is not informing Jim that it would cost him hundreds of dollars in permits plus shipping,, a big hassle only to purchase a few frags vs driving 10 minutes from his house to his LFS he visits on a weekly basis IMO. Not that it wouldn't be cool to go to reef raft it not worth the headache.

But if you want to get technical, reef raft isn't a sponsor here where reef paradise is, so why wouldn't andy have the right to post what corals he has available (even on a general forum) that he paid to do so?

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Are there vendor rules that says such that? I have seen vendors post in general forums before. Did you become a mod or buy Jim's site? Although Andy is a mod, so not sure if mods can tell other mods what to do?

And I'm not flaming, but if I paid hundreds to advertise Im not sure its pushing an agenda letting a guy know that's 10mins from the store he goes to all the time that he has the same stuff that a non sponsoring vendor has for less. I mean why wouldn't any sponsor do that?

CR Member
    First Name
    mike

Just a FYI I called FedEx to ship corals to canada nd they told me they were illegal importa
    S and could not be shipped so think twice before doing that!

CR Member

By this logic I assume you are appalled that Drs Foster and Smith is providing goodie bags at the West Michigan Swap and Workshop because they arent sponsors. As far Drs Foster and Smith's pricing, I dont think Andy wants to bring that up in any forum.

Like I said earlier; dont flame me for pointing out basic forum etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    Atleast he is actually talking about a sponsor of the site instead of a guy in canada who isnt a sponsor, and would probably be alot cheaper then buying them from RR in canada and getting the CITES to bring them home... So IMO its kind of classy that he is trying to help a fellow reefer out

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I don't have a huge problem with a sponsor responding. However, if it happened all the time we would likely have to regulate it...as it stands right now we don't have rules against sponsors adding to a discussion to market their products.

CR Member

I've modded many sites and I'm sure it's not advised; whether you have the keys to the kingdom or not.
    I'll simply ask you this; Do you see Preuss, Tropicorium, Coral Morphologic or any of the other Benchmarks of the industry advertising in General Forums??? I'll leave it at that..........

Quote Originally Posted by bluwc View Post
    Are there vendor rules that says such that? I have seen vendors post in general forums before. Did you become a mod or buy Jim's site? Although Andy is a mod, so not sure if mods can tell other mods what to do?

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last