[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Limited Edition? Say what?

Bookmark and Share
    EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Default Limited Edition? Say what?

So browsing the forum today and saw a vendor selling some coral and one of the corals had the name than the tag "going to be Tyree LE" next too it....

i would say that this thread is a subsection of naming thread we had a couple weeks ago.

I've got two problems/questions.

1. If LE means Limited Edition... how is that possible? Coral growth is really never ending and the possibility of spreading that coral to other reefers grows. Example. I played paintball and when a paintball marker was limited edition, that ment there were only 10 of than gun, and there would only be 10 in existence, no one could ever own more than 10 ever.
    But that doesn't work with coral, i dont see a coral ever being a limited edition.

2. How can coral that someone got transshipped just become a Tyree LE? Im confused on that part. To me that means a 50$ SPS for a 1" piece just went to a 100$ piece for 1/2"

Discuss.

Kev Apsley - Reefkeeper CR Member

I hate to say it but LE and Tyree don't carry the punch they once did, there are just too many nice corals anymore. It's just the vendors way of grabbing your attention but for those in the know it's really not a big deal

korndiddy20 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mark

I agree, being tyree or jason fox (who ever that is) or anything else doesnt mean anything anymore. Those people lost there credit once they started renaming already well known corals. I think the vendors should wisen up and not associate themselves with those names, imo it makes them look bad by trying to go overboard with the marketing. Marketing is a good thing, over marketing makes you look bad.
    Diddy Polyp Pimp

korndiddy20 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mark

it still means something in marketing (although i think a change is coming) it means nothing as far as that coral being special or rare. it used to mean something when you had a tyree coral, now imo it doesnt. it just means you paid more for something and got ripped off.
    Diddy Polyp Pimp

CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I'm still holding out for the LE Chort55 Tony Romo's!!!!!