[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Corals look brown

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

corals often change colors under diferent situations.. one tank it's pink and the next brown.. having them under the MH as close as possible WITHOUT burining might help. Ours are under VHO and MH (175) in a 125
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Limpit - Reefkeeper CR Member

Have you tried grape Kool aide to your tank water? Works for me.

Grue - Reefkeeper CR Member

I basically have the same setup. What I have seen so far is that when I acclimate corals to my tank they stay the same color as seen in my lfs. But as I move them to where I want them to be they change color. I believe this is perfectly natural. As they get higher the 10k lights will cause more alge reaction (Browning) I have tested this and found that the lower in my tank the less browning. I think this is the reaction most hard corals use to protect themself from very bright lights. I have also noticed that as the coral darkens the growth increases. My solution to this has been to move the light ficture. The light started out at leg length 6" it is now at 15" above top water level. Corals have lightened up a bit and show more color. I had the ficture at 24" and the color was amazing but they stopped growing. My 2C
    Grue
    Don't Turn off the lights! The Grue's will get you!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2