[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Results: sps in a lps dominant tank

Voters
3. Register or Login to Vote
  • yes

3 100.00%
  • no

0 0%

sps in alps dominant tank

Bookmark and Share

Default sps in alps dominant tank

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello I was wanting some opinions on keeping sps in a lps tank.I have a 140gl (48"x24"x30") with 2 100gl sumps and a 150gl fuge. 2 60 gl grow out and frag tanks. Lighting is 2 400wt mh and 2 3' 96wt pc. Geo is in the process of making me a 8x24 calcium reactor a 48" needle wheel skimmer, and a 8" dia kalkreactor. Then 2 of the phosban reactors. That is pretty much my goal as far as setup. Thiers a few other things but I think I listed all that pertains to my ? I want to go with a dominant lps tank with clams and some zoos. I was wondering what everyone that is in to sps thought about having a few colonies of acropora, I just like lps better but I would like to keep a few sps. So what do you think? What if any should I add or subtract from my setup to achieve this goal or is it just impossible. Any info would be great! THANKS Gozyk#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#!-- / message --#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

It's totally possible... placement, waterflow, and carbon use will be key. Thought about using ozone???
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

I grow SPS corals in my LPS reef.
    LPS reefs generally dont have the water movement that typical SPS tank have but not all SPS need lots of current.When selecting Acropora for this type of reef,avoid thick branched colonies that are tightly packed together.These tend to do best with lots of current.There are many "laggonal" species that you could choose and growth form can tell alot about the environment it is best suited for.