[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

green star polyps and no luck!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

DT's Oyster Eggs? I've bought both products seperatly and I use DT's as a constant food in my tank. Twice a week is as often as I feed the tank DT's. The Oyster Eggs are a treat for my tank. Zoo's, palys, frog spawn, candycane coral, plate coral, and my anemone really love them, but boy they sure are expensive. When I buy the Oyxter eggs, I use them as a special treat, and I love feeding them when the actinics come on and everything starts preparing for night feeding. All their tentacles start coming out and such, so I feel that there is less chance of wasting those expensive little eggs that you can barely see. You don't get a huge jar of them either. I payed $32 for what I believe was a 3-4oz. jar of them. All the foods for reefing sure are expensive, but they make for a beautiful tank! Share what you think on the Oyster's if you give them a try!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello everyone I just wanted to give a quick update and thank you all for your advice!!!! It's taken awhile but the gsp have finally attached and are growing slowly but noticably!!!! I discontinued the B-Ionic and started using instead Seachem calcium and carbonate. They have been working great, I was feeding DTs twice a week but cut it down to once when I had a massive diatom bloom. I also added a Hydor wavemaker to each of my two powerheads and the gsps and the bta (which I think was dying- losing its tentacles and exposing its insides through its mouth)have shown more improvment!!!! My Coral beauty just died from a horrible powerhead accident, but other than that everything else is looking great- I'm excited again about my new found hobby (or new fishkeeping life!!!) Again I thank you for your help and I hope to someday be at the level to pass on and help others!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Glad to hear everything is going ok :D FWIW, You might wanna think about putting a peice of stocking or something similar over the intake part of your power head to help prevent future horrible accidents.

Brianna

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

glad to hear everything is starting to come around. yeah that is too bad about the angel. like Brianna said you should put something over the intake to help prevent this in the future.
    fulltankshot 1 - green star polyps and no luck!

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I forgot to mention that I had had a similar problem with these powerheads with a blue tang ( which is soon to be removed) but it survived!! After that incident I had ordered the quickfilter attachments for the powerheads but, ironically,the angel got sucked in the day before delivery!!! But now the quickfilters are on both powerheads, they're big and bulky (especially for a 29 gallon) but at least I shouldn't lose any more life!!!! (fingers crossed) I'm looking into building a sump with a SCWD on the returns from the pump, I'm hopinh to replace the powerheads with that. Thanks again for the help and responses!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2