[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Removing GSP from frag plug

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Default Removing GSP from frag plug

Anyone have any recommendations for getting GSP off of the plug? I want to take it off the plug so I can glue it to the wall of the tank.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

How thick is the matt? If it's thick enough just peal or use a razor to remove it from the plug or set the plug up against the wall and they'll attach themselves,like crazy!!
    This is what the matt looks like on the glass wall. Pretty cool right. However I removed it due to it spreading onto the LR next to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to try the razor blade tactic and see how that works for me. I just don't want it taking over on the LR and going nuts, but it will look pretty sweet on the back wall of the tank as it grows in. It will give me more room for other species as well.

Thanks!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by creefer View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I'm going to try the razor blade tactic and see how that works for me. I just don't want it taking over on the LR and going nuts, but it will look pretty sweet on the back wall of the tank as it grows in. It will give me more room for other species as well.

Thanks!
    It is very sweet looking when you have a semi large carpet. Your right though keep it waaaay far from your LR. When you get it done post a pic I'd love to see it.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    It is very sweet looking when you have a semi large carpet. Your right though keep it waaaay far from your LR. When you get it done post a pic I'd love to see it.
    Will do for sure. I don't have any LR against the back wall, so it should work out well....I'll post a pic once I get it done and get a decent camera to take a pic with.

Wy Renegade - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Randy

Had some attach and start growing up the wall in one of my aquariums, seems like once it got so big, it got top heavy, because it just fell off. The rest peeled off the glass really easily by hand, and I moved it away from the wall. Best of luck in your effort - curious to see how yours does.
    I collect PEs, and I'm always looking to trade for ones I don't have yet.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Thanks, Wy. I have it glued there now and we'll see how well it grows.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Well....looks like a success so far. Here it is on the wall.
    Last edited by creefer; 03-05-2012 at 08:54 PM.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by creefer View Post
    Well....looks like a success so far. Here it is on the wall.
    nice! i tried to do that at one time, i am switching for using gsp though and now trying blue xenia because it is a whole lot easier to remove in the long run.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jolson10450 View Post
    nice! i tried to do that at one time, i am switching for using gsp though and now trying blue xenia because it is a whole lot easier to remove in the long run.
    I thought about that too, but liked the look of GSP better. Hopefully I don't get sick of it in 6-8 months. I may have to start thinking about some more LPS and SPS in here. I have betting getting good growth out of the Monti Caps I have put in there a few weeks ago....plus...I think I got an MP10 for christmas....or I hope....saw a marine depot box come in yesterday.......fingers are crossed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last