[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

superglue and rics

Bookmark and Share

Default superglue and rics

Monday I got a rock with 1 orange and 2 green rics... the rock was broken underneath, and the green rics were holding on to both pieces. The crabs and snails kept bumping into the rock(s) and pulling on the rics. I wanted to see if I could fit the broken pieces of rock back together. I was going to epoxy the pieces together, but the broken area was too thin to get the epoxy to hold it without getting it all over the rics. So I brought out the superglue. Well, a bunch of it squirted out and got all over the side of the rics, and I was wondering if they'll be okay. Any thoughts?

I'm ticked off because the tube of glue I bought said "no drip gel", but I can't tell much of a difference at all from regular superglue. I hope the little guys are going to be okay...

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Don't no about the ricks but iv had that happen to me spend a week getting it
    of my hands.
    i believe unless completely covered the ricks will make a recover
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Quote Originally Posted by jerryc
    iv had that happen to me spend a week getting it of my hands.
    Heehee! I understand - I've got a thumb covered in it! Adding insult to injury, the same thumb was burned with glue from a hot glue gun yesterday while helping my daughter with a school project. Ugh, I lost a 1/4" spot of skin in that mess, and now I've got superglue all over it!

I don't have any experience with rics yet, but it looks to me like these 2 green ones were a recent split... there are two mouths but only one complete body. It is large enough to be two separate ones... perhaps when I bought them they were working on splitting. The break in the rock underneath them was almost exactly between the two mouths. Maybe I should've just pulled out the scissors and cut them apart!

Thank you for your reply... I sure hope they'll be okay!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

They'll probably fair better than your thumb :razz: At least the superglue sealed the burn wounds for you so no infection :D
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I hope they will be ok. We put ric on rocks with superglue so it should not hurt them but I would watch them closely.

Quote Originally Posted by dakar
    At least the superglue sealed the burn wounds for you so no infection :D
    Now THAT's an optimistic comment if I ever heard one! LOL! Thanks for the giggle! :glasses7:

Update...

The superglue didn't hold the rock. I guess it was just to thin of a piece to stay put. When it came apart, the poor rics were stretched out; they looked miserable. So, I pulled out the scissors, and viola! I have 2 rocks with green rics! :-D

Both pieces actually look pretty good for just having been cut apart like that!