[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Tooth Pick Method

Bookmark and Share

Default Tooth Pick Method

I have read a lot of treads and articles that have mentioned the tooth pick method for attachment of soft corals , but there are never any good details . If anyone uses this method could u share this with me with some good details . Where to place the tooth pick in the coral.From the few photos I have seen it looks like u just stab the pick right into the coral out the other in and in to a hole in a rock.Could this be right? Any info on this method would help .Thanks
    Tanked

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Michael. I think you have got it. it does work reallly well on like kenya tree, toad stool and softies like that. just joust them and stick it to the rock and your good to go
    fulltankshot 1 - Tooth Pick Method

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

The only addition to the method I'd like to add is that if you add a glob of superglue to the exposed end of the toothpick that will help keep the frag from slipping off.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Great descriptive word. Joust. lol
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

I've seen the coral/toothpick attached to a small rock with a rubber band (strecthed across one endof the toothpick, under the rock, and up over the other end of the toothpick), too. I guess it's for extra security (espeially if you don't use glue) and ease of placement if you decide you dont like the placement and want to move it somewhere else.