[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!

Bookmark and Share

Default Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!

This Fish Is possibly The Most Striking I've Ever Photographed! I LOVE MY JOB!!!
    Queen Parrotfish! Still figuring a price on this unbelievable beauty!
    J8O QWBR8V4Z9A5su6YM0CuZhonhE4kaGwUB4kGlyn0 zpsuyepfdhl - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Queen Parrot $99.99
    amRTe1BhsHi9x4TIMIDMxek TrwfYXqCKVyJCXODqIk zpsalfreimv - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    ZcgRy3pAdR9 zVq1 QkIPi840dptGdHK7Ds ElPEYfs zpskwbpdu2a - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Rad Red Angler $159.99
    nQeKCxvQaG4XqHtZP9C3sFVXhUqHo  wBqzZ3D0cYJU zpslm2i516r - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Orange Shoulder Tang $44.99
    bKVfpyumdwI uzKXsrqAfESpPAQ5hoR OqarzxOIyHw zpsamt6rp3e - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Bar Gobie $17.99 Red Firefish $12.99 Purple/Bi-color Pseudochromis $17.99
    cX Bk ufrLRFHdLKwCDWIlXuDfbfiSXhzyh2g1bsn U zpsvor624ev - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Pigmy Hawk $17.99 Suntail Gobie $17.99
    URzaKOe9d3Mj4Ocb4SXHisxzewVUS JOr5D0t LxqrU zpszmmaslrj - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    6-Bar Angel $39.99 Multi-Banded Angel $49.99 Dragon Wrasse $27.99
    3uq42P ylbD7L7pby7VeZuO3zVpOmejPkhuZilGvdtM zpsgn3dcsef - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Powder Brown Tang $39.99 Scopas Tang $29.99
    7LwDx0Wij 6hvVdpCNuDo3srxXz64zzobD0rmoQ0Kf8 zpsqsd5m0ts - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Snooty Wrasse $29.99 Powder Black Tang $49.99 Coral Beauty Angel $23.99
    qcRdoWoEVIrMCDKKFJj8PZH2OdM8Xdb mRhjxdaVfR0 zps9iody4gn - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Blue Spotted Jawfish $79.99
    dzq rqpejLDAzjK9f3CcQdgIhKAX9QKz18cmyS4zgvA zpspq0dw4xd - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Bellus Angel $79.99
    K946Y6Mgg 0RjPAzXq1k28YS8d 5yqD05Dtal OAQ1Q zps5qv0q91j - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Lg. Yellowbellie Dogface Puffer $139.99 Blue Blanquillo $39.99
    WYURxslRH2pyNp01wkOotJG3SmHIEAzUI36giZIJhf0 zpssryljjek - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Porcupine Puffer $34.99
    ihY5 XN6t6nFcuW6c9lHEHvIS60h4uMP0M2gx1UxUDo zpsrvzh7p0i - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Copperband Butterfly $34.99 Diamond Goby $19.99
    40ELja6z5MYIdma XrcW4DdAS6skbbt pTQFSis3pyw zpsnaoe7eea - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Coral Banded Shrimp $9.99
    dRTdzq8uwr7KJvE1UcLJ79Qy RojdVD8apGVPAfIxow zpskwmlaj1h - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Harlequin Shrimp $29.99
    UCs7tD69YCfb3xUi3F ffLUALx O4YxIfWFriOwdunc zpsufx3egkc - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Evil Green Brittle Star $14.99
    Xd1fSOL2 GIWYD8NBnDJVoN5fPn3BSxF2WW0iz6f2pI zpswtwc7cvo - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Candy Pistol Shrimp $17.99
    Sm4ge1TgYrAokvD un9uDkFaGX0pP 47epaj Rs8GNI zpsuuz4fgkr - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Sand Sifting Star $14.99
    w3t3TMPVm1ZJoTjBLxMEWXH9Cyc01bMqWM9KLKFLH2k zps1fbsh4xu - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Fromia Star $29.99
    MoDAvV5RqxYsaHQEFwNZ91weCuYjkmC4mCK70P oVOs zpskw1zx4jd - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Red General Star $34.99
    Ghm5UwfK2SIbEkp5dJAuulLUw5E9cLDcUnAkbTa1kMQ zpsnx7gretz - Prettiest Pic Ever! No Price Yet! Trop Rules!!!
    Likes Tankster, MizTanks liked this post

2. Midwest's largest marine aquarium livestock supplier! Over 50,000 gallons of reef displays!

Have a Happy Easter Everyone! We will be open our regular hours Easter Sunday! The employees volunteered to be here! They love their jobs too!!!
    Likes jimsflies liked this post

Did anybody except Jim notice the great variety, sharp detail, amazing color, and overall quality of this post? Hmmm

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Awesome livestock!! Wish we had your business U.P. here
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com
    Likes Tropicorium liked this post

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

nice picture. don't parrot fish need hard coral to survive tho ?? Seams to be species that would give anti aquarium folks more fuel to complain about. I have seen them all over the world diving and they are always chomping on rock and hard coral.

Thank you for the post and observation. I've seen what you describe, and further, understand that attachment sites for tridacnidae clam larvae often is the gouge in a coral face made by a large parrot. However, the parrot is after the algae (zooxanthellae) in the tissue of the coral, more than the coral, itself, or so I understand. Unlike the tangs, who go off the reef to feed, the parrots mostly remain on the reef with little access to plant matter. With proper feeding, heavy in vegetable matter, the coral may be mostly safe. Perhaps a fish only tank might be safest.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicorium View Post
    Thank you for the post and observation. I've seen what you describe, and further, understand that attachment sites for tridacnidae clam larvae often is the gouge in a coral face made by a large parrot. However, the parrot is after the algae (zooxanthellae) in the tissue of the coral, more than the coral, itself, or so I understand. Unlike the tangs, who go off the reef to feed, the parrots mostly remain on the reef with little access to plant matter. With proper feeding, heavy in vegetable matter, the coral may be mostly safe. Perhaps a fish only tank might be safest.
    you are partially correct about the food source. The parrott fish species need the hard coral base to keep the never ending growing teeth at bay and in good condition. These fish eat so much live and dead coral that they are given credit for the white beaches we enjoy so much. Yup, we walk thru mostly Parrot fish dung on our beaches. Not knocking you for being creative of fish selection and this species really needs to be kept in a fish only system for sure. Honestly being a diver that frequents reefs as often as my time and money will allow me its important to understand that its not just Snorkel Bob that is anti aquarium and as responsable hobbiest we need to be careful of choices.I doubt anyone will cry about parrott fish.I see them in schools of hundreds often.But they will explode about the coral that this fish feeds on. Just a cautionary flag and not a slam Ray.GLWS