[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Drilled 75 or 90 Gallon All Glass Aquarium

Bookmark and Share
    skuttduck - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Drilled 75 or 90 Gallon All Glass Aquarium

After all these years going through Aqualifter pumps and leaving poor Kelsey at the house watching the reef tank I'd like to see if anyone has a drilled 75 or 90 gallon All glass aquarium.

There is nothing wrong with my 75 tank other than the fact the CPR overflow has flaws and occasionally the siphon breaks and the Osmolator then starts to dump in fresh water and the tank nearly overflows. I purchased a float switch that shuts off the Eheim pump in the sump.

Now the deal is this never happens to me when I am at home, it only happens when Kelsey stays at the house when we are on vacation.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default 90 gallon

Hey Tim,

Long time no see/talk to!

I have a 90 gallon I'm trying to sell, However, it's not drilled. The good news is that Preuss will drill it for a nominal fee. Here's the for sale link... http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/eq...ss-tank-24621/. You should come over and check it out... or just come over and visit. I'll reduce the price by whatever Preuss charges to drill the hole. And if you help me get it out of the basement can deliver it (if it fits in my Subaru, which I think it does).

Tom

Awesome Tom!

Yes I'm interested. I'll check to see how much Preuss will charge to drill it and put the bulkhead on.

Then I have the fun task of transferring everything from the 75 over to it.

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
    After all these years going through Aqualifter pumps and leaving poor Kelsey at the house watching the reef tank I'd like to see if anyone has a drilled 75 or 90 gallon All glass aquarium.

There is nothing wrong with my 75 tank other than the fact the CPR overflow has flaws and occasionally the siphon breaks and the Osmolator then starts to dump in fresh water and the tank nearly overflows. I purchased a float switch that shuts off the Eheim pump in the sump.

Now the deal is this never happens to me when I am at home, it only happens when Kelsey stays at the house when we are on vacation.
    are you still looking for a 90 with internal overflow?

I may however, an unexpected $983 bill after Christmas has eaten up nearly all my paycheck. So I am going to have to postpone this. I have a newer overflow now to replace the CPR one.
    The CPR had a lot of bubble algae growing in it.

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

If you are I have a 90 that I'm looking to sell in March...once I have my new tank set up. if your interested let me know, I'm trying to avoid putting it on craigslist.