[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

WTB: Controller

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default WTB: Controller

looking to buy an affordable controller. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but would like something that controls the lights, temp, and PH. Anything above that would be a bonus. I have some spare 50/55 gallon tanks and some stands, JBJ power compact light 48", a buncha bioballs to trade if you need anything like that also. Have a few zoo frags I could trade towards it also.

CR Member
    First Name
    Brian

I have a Profilux Plus II Controller does anything and everything and it has the Salinity Card in it all you need to do is Buy the Prob and it comes with a new Temp Prob and Computer cable and Tunze pump cable.

$225.00 +shipping
    DSC04300 - WTB: Controller

DSC04299 - WTB: Controller

CR Member

that looks really really cool, but I'm looking for a cheapy one. If I can't find a nice used one, I think I'm going with the $99 Digital aquatics one. I'm very new to the hobby and probly couldn't even understand how to use soemthing this advanced LOL.

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

If you want something cheap and easy, look into the reef keeper light, $99 and you have a nice little system. I use mine just for lights and temp, very easy to use.

CR Member

yeah, thats probly the route I will go tank dude. If I can find a used one with a few more features I will go that route, but that digital aquatics one for $99 is looking like the way to go right now.

$225 is a GREAT deal for that PII controller!! Brian, does it come with the power bar? If so, which one?
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

CR Member
    First Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by pjr View Post
    $225 is a GREAT deal for that PII controller!! Brian, does it come with the power bar? If so, which one?
    No Power Bar never bought one but it does come with the Salinity Card but still needs the Salinity Prob to make it work plus it come with Tunze 1 cable and Computer Cable , New Temp Prob $90.00 value just bought and extra Cables.

CR Member

so what all would I have to buy to get this thing up and running? Tempted LOL.

CR Member
    First Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by vittleking View Post
    so what all would I have to buy to get this thing up and running? Tempted LOL.
    It all matters what you want to use it for right now right now and what you want it to control on your tank. Right now it has all the updated software and comes with New Temp Prob , Tunze 1 controller cable , Computer cable , Power Bar 5 meter Extension cord.

CR Member

I"m kind of new and don't understand what your talking about LOL. Sorry bud. I just want to monitor and control temp,lights, and PH mainly. I don't really understand how these things work just yet. THats another reason I'm kinda leaning towards a more basic model, but this thing seems like it does a whole lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last