[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

killing zoas

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    youngtimothy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tim
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

they started as 1 polyp 3 years ago.

DSC05331 - killing zoas

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

you dont want to just kill them off though..that is a living life form we are talking about..

Rick

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I have those too! I think they're beautiful~mine just glow under the atenic~I do agree with ya though~they grow really really fast~I went from about 3 polyps to better then 15 in 4 months~if their really the same as mine~I can see how they'd be hard to remove without doing major damage~ they're very short and tight to the LR.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger61 View Post
    you dont want to just kill them off though..that is a living life form we are talking about..

Rick

Do you feel the same about algae, after all it IS a living life form??? And not all that much different than corals, just not as pretty.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

Now that is going over the edge ..but to anawer your question i do have algae in my tank...Timmy if you dont want them zoas i will take them..there are other ways to get rid of them without killing them..

Rick

How is that over the edge, neither have a central nervous system, feelings, emotions, or a soul. So what difference does it make, it's not like an animal that has feelings and can feel pain. It's simply here and then it's not. If you would like a better comparison what about aptasia?? it is technically a type of coral (anemone) but we consider it a nuisance so we kill it, would you let them take over your tank, or kill them?

CR Member
    First Name
    Andy

I agree with jojo. One thing you can try is surrounding them with loose clam shells small pieces of rock etc. and even placing some right in the middle of them. They will grow onto them and you just pick up the shell take it out let it dry for a few days and do it all over again. It is not the fastest way but it will work.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wonderful idea AT!!! Hmmmm~wonder if it'll work for algae? LOL~no really that is a very good idea~hmmm wondering again~if it's living does it feel pain???
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

No Miz, they do not feel pain, pain is a neurological response and requires a nervous system including a brain, same as people. Corals feel no more pain than a tree or plant.

I have some other thoughts, as well but I think I'm going to start a new thread for a discussion on this topic.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2