[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Manual Dosing?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Manual Dosing?

How long after dosing ALK do I need to wait before dosing Ca? Hours, minutes or what?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

When I was dosing 2 part; I always did them one after the other. Never saw any issues. Just dump them slowly into a high flow portion of the tank one at a time.
    rc Hopkins sig - Manual Dosing?

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

+1 to Hopkins post.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Nice to know I'm doing it right then Thanks guys!

First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Just be sure to test often to be sure you're dosing the correct amounts. The chemistry calculator here on CR is very helpful.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Default Manual Dosing?

Wow! Sooo much easier now. Parameter's very stable and consistent. Tested every day for a week. 8ml 2x daily of ALK/Ca. Added to the bubble trap area in the sump, just before the return pump
    ALK=8.4
    Ca=430
    Mag=1400
    PH=8.2
    SG=1.026

P.s. Tax return I'm definitely getting a duel or triple doser!!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Ok something is very funky here. For the past 2wks I've been testing my ALK almost every morning. Readings have not changed even though I've increased the amount of ALK dose. From 16ml a day, then and I'm now at 20ml a day. Still not showing a rise. Still testing 8.4 every morning. I'm glad it's stable but I'm suspicious that something's off. Shouldn't more ALK mean higher levels?

First Name
    Tom

First, what test kit gives you tenths of a DKH? As for the lack of change... it could be that a 4mL doesn't have enough of an impact on the volume of water in your system. Try playing around with the chemistry calculator to see what volume of product it takes to increase alk from 8 to 9 in your tanks water volume. I'm guessing it will take more than 4 mL.

Tom