[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

90 gallon upgrade ?'s

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

the ones this guy builds are comparable to the high dollar and top end Euroreef skimmers.
    here is the part of the post about the skimmer, but the guy i know can build any size you want ...

6" diameter, 32" tall, Gen-X2400 pump designed as recirculating, fed with Maxijet 1200 (could also be fed directly from overflow) Also has a gate valve which is a 45.00 option with Euroreef skimmers. $125.00.

i will call him tomarrow and get the website that he sells them from and post it here for you. i would say that if you pick up the Euroreef version, it would run you about $450.00 !! but i can get these anytime you want one, but they won't be that cheap ... . i think he paid $325.00 to have it built.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

The pipes inside diameter will handle a LOT of flow if you wanted it, though you really don't want that much flow through your sump/refuge.... I'd say something in the neighborhood of a 900-1200gph return pump will do you quite nicely, and give you a good turnover rate.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

Do I need to take anything into consideration for headloss? If so then I probably should go with the higher around 1200. If not then 900 sound fair to me. Which pump is a good reliable pump to accomplish this with? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I don't want to screw it up and spend more down the road. Thanks for your help.

Bobby, Thanks for looking into that for me. What ever you can dig up would be good. $325 is money but better than $450 and if it's a good skimmer that I don't have to worry about then I would rather spend it once. Let me know. I'm also checking a few used options.

Angie
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

Angie,
    I am nearly certain that is the EXACT same tank that I have! Congrats on the find!
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Thanks Tyler! Hey, what are you running for lights then? Give me some details on your set up and help me out a bit. Don't leave me hanging like that!

Angie
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

I am running 4 T5s on an Ice Cap ballast. And I am going to add 2 more T-5s on a second ballast this week. I think I have a large sump than you. But I am running an ASM G3 skimmer (I split the overflow so it dumps directly into the skimmer chamber and the other split goes into the sump). As a return pump I used a Quiet One 4000, which splits and goes to each over flow. I changed the stock overflow. I didn't use those PVC pipes return stands like what is stock. Those are stupid...it takes WAY to much head pressure to make the returning water go up and over the top of the tank like that. I drilled a hole on either side of the over flow tower, and made the returns exit there...just below the overflow teeth. Seems to work out ok. Call me with specific questions...we haven't talked in awhile anyways!
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

You will be getting that call!! As I don't understand plumbing and would likely just mess it up. Besides, don't think everyone wants to hear the "chat"

Angie

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

he was to busy to talk today (building a 300gallon SUMP) !! he will call me back ASAP, is what his wife said. BTW ... they are GREAT skimmers. IMO euroreef makes some of the best around and his are comared to them DAILY !!

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dsfdbutterfly View Post
    You will be getting that call!! As I don't understand plumbing and would likely just mess it up. Besides, don't think everyone wants to hear the "chat"
    OMG! I love "chat".

Does your tank come with a standpipe? If not, I recommend you build one. It can get pretty noisey.

I've used turboflotor multi and found them to be good. On my reef I have THIS Euroreef. Try hiding that piece of equipment next to your tank so no one can see it. Ya put a larger circular piece of plywood on top of it so that it looks like a cool bubbly end table.

I love plumbing tanks. I recently drilled a couple of holes on my 50 gallon seahorse tank.

up - 90 gallon upgrade ?'s

It was a non "reef ready" tank so I also had to install a back wall for an overflow. I think that was the hardest project of my life.

This is a picture of the standpipe I mentioned. The pipe on the left is the one I am refering to.

Anyone know offhand what the GPH rating is on those bulkheads of Angies?

tank plumb - 90 gallon upgrade ?'s

Renee

Quote Originally Posted by seahorsedreams View Post
    We are buffing our tanks with that right now as I type (okay, my boyfriend is buffing and I am typing). My tank has a few good scratches and we are using 1500 grit on the deep ones with a firm finger and then going to Nouvus 3 with a ransom orbital electric polisher followed by the 2 and then a to 1. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. (okay, watched my boyfriend do :-)

The nouvus products can be used on the inside of the tank unlike other polishers.
    actually, the progression is 1500-2400-4000-Novus 3-Novus 2...

when using the polishing cloths, polish back and forth in one direction. then, when you go to the next finer grit, polish perpendicular to the polishing scratches you just made. this will tell you when to change grit as you'll be able to see when the previous sctatches are gone.

back to lurking...

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last