It's taking over my tank. Little tufts of it popping up daily. I no longer know what kind it is, I don't care at this point. It's ruining my tank, ruining my attitude toward my tank. I mean ruining it to the point of feeling like giving it up. All my hard work, undone by some algae.
There's just sooooo many opinions out here! Do this do that, get this, get that. Are you doing this or that? I'm so frustrated that I am crying!!! So much hard work. I'm actually finding reasons to leave the house so I don't have to look at the tank. When I do look, I'm only seeing the freaking algae! Not the beautiful fishes I now have, not the beautiful zoa's I now have (except for the last batch) and not the fact that my peppermint shrimp molts at least twice a month. My porclin crab is thriving and growing, I'm getting coraline algae everywhere and not just the top of the heater anymore. One of my turbo snails has died. Found the empty shell and the door but nothing else. Where did it go, over night? I learned that adding a new piece of LR and some new sand to the tank would cause a small diatom bloom, hello! Why do some people say pick out the algae, and others say never put your hand in the tank? I sit here at this sight, looking at all the big beautiful tanks and compare! Yes I do compare mine to others. Mine never looks bright enough or colorful enough. I'm so frustrated! How do I get rid of the algae?????