[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

BAllast for lamps

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Michael

Default BAllast for lamps

Hi all
    Need a little help. I have a Current Orbit light fixture. PN1023 I believe. One of the ballasts have failed. ANyone know of a good place to purchase ballasts.
    Generally Grainger is my place of choice but they are unable to crossreference the SUnpark part number on the ballast to Advance part numbers.The lamp it self is ahigh output flourescecnt dual tube at 96 watts.
    Sunpark model #is 120-1/55HPL Part number is 02172-c
    THAnks Mike
    Ps will be out of touch this weekend so any replies will not be forthcoming until Monday evening

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

You can replace the ballast with a Fulham Workhorse 7 ballast... that will fire a pair of 96w tubes for you... should be able to get one for $40-50 from all over the net. A pair of Workhorse 5's would do too, using one per tube. (Think I even have a new pair of them collecting dust).

For more bulb combinations possible with the Workhorse line of ballasts see this post or do a search, I've posted dozens of charts on ballasts and such.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michael

Default Got my ballast

Friday afternoon I searched for Sunpark and found there phone number
    Called them up,spoke to sales and had two of the same ballasts shipped(only18.00 each) I figured 1 was bad and both were the same age so I will replace both and put the other one which still works on the shelf for a spare.
    Anothe rquestion in this display I had a Colt frog about 2-3 inches,this ballast powered my10k tubes so they were out all weekend. I came home last night and the colt was all drooped over(parameters are SG1.025,Temp80,nitrites,nitrates,ammonia and phosphate all 0,Alk is 10dkh,and calcium is 440).Could it just be light,
    Thanks Mike xenia also was alittle droopy.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michael

Default Got my ballast

Friday afternoon I searched for Sunpark and found there phone number
    Called them up,spoke to sales and had two of the same ballasts shipped(only18.00 each) I figured 1 was bad and both were the same age so I will replace both and put the other one which still works on the shelf for a spare.
    Anothe rquestion in this display I had a Colt frog about 2-3 inches,this ballast powered my10k tubes so they were out all weekend. I came home last night and the colt was all drooped over(parameters are SG1.025,Temp80,nitrites,nitrates,ammonia and phosphate all 0,Alk is 10dkh,and calcium is 440).Could it just be light,xenia also was alittle droopy.
    THanks Mike

First Name
    Dave

Could very well be the absence of enough light causing the droops, most likely is. As soon as you get the lamps fired back up again everything should right itself.

Extra lamps and ballasts are always a good thing to have on the shelf...
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

CR Member
    First Name
    Andy

I also had the same current light and went through 3 ballasts in a little over a year. Dakar recommended the workhorse and I haven't had a problem since.

First Name
    Dave

The Workhorse ballasts really do live up to their name, and quite versatile they'll fire just about any bulb short of halides... T12, T10, T8, T5, and PC's I've tested them on all.