[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

hosting

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    RHAPALA - Reefkeeper Registered User
    NORTH EAST PA. YES MY TOWN IS REALLY CALLED NORTH EAST

Default hosting

is there any tricks to gettingyour clowns to host in a bubble tip? i have 2 maroon clowns mated pair and the bubble tip is about the size of my hand when its open.....right now the clowns jut hang in the cornor in the top right hand on my tank and the bubble has found its self a rock to hide in sorta........is there somthing i can do or it just happens over time?

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Its just best to let it happen naturally. Also, have you checked the clown/anemone compatibility chart to make sure that maroons will host in a BTA?

The last qusetion is, Are your clowns wild, or tank bred?

tank bred least the lfs swears all fish in the store are that way..........i have read and talk to many people before buying the bta and all partys have stated to me that the maroons love them

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

I wish you the best of luck but there are never any guarantees on recreating a symbiotic relationship in home aquariums.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

I have a maroon clown that used to destroy any bta that i put in the tank. It would literally rip it apart.

someone told me that if the fish dosent like the location of the bta that it will try to move it by ripping on the tenticals.

i thought that was the most rediculous thing i have ever heard until this past weekend.

i bought another bta and placed it in the area of where the clown was hanging around. At first he seemed uninterested. i thought that at least he wasnt killing it.

this morning i was on my way out the door, the clown had taken up residence and has as happy as pie. i will never understand this relationship but once it happens its really funny to watch.

it just takes time.

i will post a pic when i get home later.

and naturally i was late to work this morning.

welp i got a pic text from my wife this afternoon and my larger of the 2 marrons has i guess decided to host the bta . when i got home from work i noticed that the larger of the 2 had indeed hosted because i was feeding the fpa and was gonna place a lil brine in the bta as well but the marron was protective of it he dident attack me but swam back and forth infront of it very fast so i laid the brine shrimp near the bta and after a few mins he picked it up and started shoving the brine in the btas mouth..............my next problem is why is the smaller clown not hosting aswell untill today the 2 maroons were like 2 peas in a pod always side by side should i get another bta for the other one????...................on a side note the clown that is hosting seems to be having a ball running all over the bta inand out rubbing the heck out of it as well i'll post a pic later i need to get my back from my motherinlaw

My maroon clown (yellow stripe) took a few days to host his 1st anemone (LTA), which he later loved to death, literally. I got him a much larger BTA, and he took to it in a matter of minutes!

You don't need another nem. As suggested before... patience!

Congrats on the hosting!!!

Default the pics

thank god the inlaws are just down the street

Looks like she is having a BLAST!!! :-D

oh btw this btw is about 7 inch cant tell by the pic but it is

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last