[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Jojo's 72 Bowfront Project Log

Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 5 First ... 3 4 5
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

JoJo sounds like he's well on the way to becoming an agrocrete addict Maybe once winter sets in here deep enough where I won't want to be outside I'll get our curing vats running again and we can compare notes.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

New question. I saw a thread before and cant find it. It was for an airstone mod on a seaclone 100. I was thinking that this mod with alitte ozone would really kick out some dark skimmate. Any thoughts on this???
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

simply adding a limwood airstone with a good air pump to the skimmer would definately increase the volume of microbubbles... I'm using a similar setup on my 25g nano usign an older Lee skimmer design and it works very well indeed. Take a look in the nano build off forum pretty sure I'd detailed out my method, you might find something useful in it.

A note about running Ozone in a skimmer... 03 is most effective if it has a rather long contact time and is suspended long enough for it to oxidize the nutrients before being allowed to escape into the room air. IMO in a smaller skimmer where less volume is present for the ozone to do it's job will not yield the results you are looking for and could present a health hazzard.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

So what would be best for ozone??? A larger skimmer or just leave it alone?? is there another setup to run ozone??
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Page 5 of 5 First ... 3 4 5