[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Just shoot me now......

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Just shoot me now......

Well, none of my seahorses are sick and nothing is dying. My clowns are hosting their new anemone, I got my new T5 lights and life would be great............IF ONLY...........

THE DAMB 75G WASN'T LEAKING!!!!!

That's right. The brand new 75G tank that I just bought 2 months ago and set up and cycled has sprung a leak. (Seahorses have only been in it a week or 2) I'm so Pi**ed off I could scream. ( ok, I did scream a few times) It is a perfecto tank w/ a perfecto sadona stand. I called perfecto. Sure, they will exchange the tank, but I have to empty out all of the live sand, live rock, water, macros and seahorses. The tank has to be returned to the store I bought it at and I have to get a new one from her store. She doesn't have any in stock and it will take 2 weeks for her to get another one in. CRAP....I'm not bailing water for 2 weeks!!!

Plan B.... I called my Insurance Company. I explain to Mike (my agent and owner of American Family in Elkhorn) what has happened and what I have to do to get a replacement tank. He knows about the "cycle process" and what a tear down and reset up of a SW tank entails. He filed a claim for me at 9 am this morning. Claims will take at least a week. My Insur. Agent calls me back and said there is no way I can wait that long so he has a suggestion.....He asked me for the name of the pet store where I could buy a new tank NOW. He said he was going to call them and pay for the tank over the phone with his credit card and I could pick it up today. Fast forward 1 hr later. Mike calls me back ....The pet store will not take a credit card payment over the phone. Crap!!! SO..I figure I

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW How nice of everyone. That story even gave me the warm fuzzies and I'm in Ohio where it's like 30 deg.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

WOW. That is kind of crazy story. That is great insurance agent though.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

same here jojo, all warm and fuzzy inside. I never knew Dave to be such a softy. guess his secret is out !! J/K Dave. think of it this way Angie, you got a new RR tank, DELIVERED, for nothing .... AND a huge sump or another 75g seahorse tank (maybe to grow out macro's) ?? or even to keep you pod population on the rise ?!

i know it was a bad day ... but i always try to look at things on the bright side.

jojo....it's 24 degrees here, lol. Dave also picked up my 65G tank last May for me. I have a weird phobia. I can NOT under any circumstances drive on a busy interstate. I have panic attacks and I toss my lunch. Madison is just not driveable for me. I tried to take my kids to the zoo once, and I paniced so badly I pulled off the interstate into the emergency stopping lane and my mom and dad had to drive 2.5 hrs to pick us up and drive my car home. I don't know why it happens now since I used to live and work in downtown LA, california. I also used to drive into chicago, IL all of the time when I lived in Plainfield, IL. I can't explain it, it's just weird, and I'm just nuts, lol.

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

I can't even get my insurance to cover the things that they are suppose to!!

Renee

That's what I keep hearing. WE don't know for 100% if the tank is covered. If the claim is refused, I will just send my agent the $ he paid for the tank. It could also be written off as a business expense / long time customer appreciation gift. (his words not mine) I could have claimed a lot more then just the tank. I "could" have claimed water damage to the stand, carpet, and hard wood floor under the carpet. It wasn't too bad (yet..knock on wood) so I didn't feel the need to claim anything besides the tank.

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

thats nice to know that there are some good people out their. i know my insurance wouldn't do that, mine won't even pay for car things that i pay them to fix without charging me more.

i hope this works out for you this time!
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Great to hear that your agent is so understanding and generous... sounds like it's time to write his superior a letter praising his oustanding customer realations. (It wouldn't hurt to mention all of the people you'll be telling about the superior service the company offers! )

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    I never knew Dave to be such a softy. guess his secret is out !!
    He's Not! He's mean and grouchy, never been justly accused of being a nice guy.... And don't you forget it!!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last