[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Overflow Questions

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

I am glad you got it figured out. I completely understand how frustrating and worrisome it can be trying to keep all of your water levels maintained.

I would recommend a auto-top off for evaporation if you don't already have one. A very handy little machine. I built mine but there are commerical ones available.

I use to have problem with water levels when I did my water changes. Now what I do is empty the auto top off bucket, fill it with the replacement water. I siphon out the water from the main tank and the auto-top dumps in the new water at the same time. I use the same size bucket so I can only remove the right amount a water. Once the water change is done, I rinse the top-off bucket and fill with clean water. This has worked very well for me. I don't have to turn off any of the pumps or valves so I don't need to re-balance the system.

It was killing me because I knew it was supposed to work, but I couldn't figure it out. Finally I got to thinking about positioning and what the screws could do for me. Then I remembered that it wasn't level because the tank wasn't... Duh. Now it seems so simple, but at the time I felt like quite the idiot.

I have been thinking about a top off system. I have to add about 1/2 gallon of water a day... Not too bad.

Sounds like you have a good method for water changes. I will definately keep that in mind. I plan on getting a 75 or a 90 Gallon in the somewhat near future. I will definately have an auto-top-off on that system.
    Public Affairs Officer
    Saltwater Addicts of Maine
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Saltwater Tanks:
    120 Gallon mixed reef
    20 Gallon frag tank

CR Member

I have the same overflow but mines is the the step above the 600gpm model did yours come with a sheet piece of arylicbecause i have no idea what this is for and it has stopped working. I will try to reprime it i am using the aqualift pump, it works great but still very little if any flow, i am going to try the durso stand pipe see if that helps.
    everyday I learn thing new!!!!

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

send the overflow boxes on up Dave, i can always use extras !!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3