[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

READ ME>>> READ ME

Bookmark and Share

Default READ ME>>> READ ME

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hey when i get corals from my lfs how am i supposed to put them in my tank after i acclimate them? do i just stick them on a rock or on my gravel or how should i go about doin this ohh i have live rock if that helps#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

you will want to acclimate them I acclimate mine for approx an hour. I pour a half of cup of water into the bag every 20 minutes and then just set them somehwere on your LR you want to make sure they have a good base on them so they dont fall or float all over your tank. if they do not have a good base superglue them to some base rock and then set them in the tank.

hope this helped

graphixx
    fulltankshot 1 - READ ME>>> READ ME

peregrinus - Reefkeeper Registered User

it really depends on the type pf coral your hard you can supper glue or epoxy i use epoxy. the softs you might need to sow to the rock or use a tooth pick. alot of the tine the corals will be attached to a rock and you can just use epoxy.
    Quantum mechanics the dreams stuff is made of.

150 started 8/12/06
    57 gal started 8/12/08

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

I float a bag on the water for 15-20 min. If you're unsure if you can trust your seller, an appropriate dip for unwanted hitchhikers may be the best idea before adding to the system. For softies, sewing them to your LR, rubberbanding them, or using a toothpick as mentioned seems to work well. For sps frags, simple gel superglue is awesome(apply a gob outside the water to the sps base and quickly set into a good porous place on the LR and hold still for about 30 seconds). Larger sps colonies will need a reef epoxy.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying