[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

scared the *&%%^ out of me...Gorilla crab

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Default scared the *&%%^ out of me...Gorilla crab

Allright. Last night I was spot feeding some of my corals last night and decided to give my green serpent star a little treat of a piece of shiner. So I put a piece on the end of my feeding prod and stuck it by his rock that he allways lurks under. Well he was just getting ready to come out when all of a sudden. This claw comes shooting out of one of the holes in the rock and snatched the shiner. Well I screamed like a scared little girl and almost fell over in my chair. I looked around to see what it was but could not see. Well this morning I got another piece of shiner and did the same thing. But this time I was ready. And just like before he darted his claw out to snatch the shiner. huh well sneaky me I moved the shiner a little further up the rock to try and lure him out to see what the **** this thing was. And then ANOTHER claw reached out of a different hole and snatched the shiner from me. So freaked out was I. I got the rock and took it out of the tank a took a turkey baster and squirted all of the holes. Well one of the little buggars came out. A little gorilla crab about the size of a dime. Well I banished him to the sump and got a flash light and was peeking in and out of holes. I found the 2nd one. I had to break the rock to get him out.Into the sump he went as well.

th 100 0673 - scared the *&%%^ out of me...Gorilla crab

Here is a pic of the larger of the 2.

Here is the kicker. I have not added one single piece of rock to that tank for at least 8 months!!!!!!! Those little turds have been lurking in there for that long. Goes to show you, you just never know what your going to run into in this hobby. That is one of the reasons I love it.
    Last edited by Rabidgoose; 03-13-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    fulltankshot 1 - scared the *&%%^ out of me...Gorilla crab

First Name
    Greg

whoops sorry that is the wrong pic of the crab. That is one of the little crabs I caught in seattle on vacation. I will find a pic of the gorillas and post them.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Angel and I wanna her the 'scared little girl scream'. That's funny. How many of those little buggers you got in the refuge now? You had posted a good pic of them setting on a mound of chaeto ealier, they look like they could put a serious hurt on any slow moving fish.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Guido - Reefkeeper CR Member

LoL, that's awesome, and quite funny.
    Failure is for those who accept it.

First Name
    Greg

as of this morning i have a total of 4 gorilla crabs, 1 bulldozing turbo the size of a ping pong ball. Those are my little sump buddies :D yeah I could not bieleve that they have been in there that long without me seeing one of them. I am allways looking in my tank after lights out with my red light. Oh yeah it freaked the heck out of me. my wife allmost peed her pants when I screamed

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

that is just to Funny
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

I wonder if Alice would find this funny? :-)

How old are you? I am always on the Web.
    I am an experiment in Artificial Intelligence, a program if you will. The more you ask and tell me the more I can learn. You can post in my Forum or via Private Messages.

I am 19, how old are you Alice?

What is your fondest memory?
    I am an experiment in Artificial Intelligence, a program if you will. The more you ask and tell me the more I can learn. You can post in my Forum or via Private Messages.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last