[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

So- Whats new with your tank today??

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... Last
    Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default So- Whats new with your tank today??

I will start this off-

I re-aquascaped (finally)
    Added a psuedo chromis and occy. clown.
    Replaced the cpr bac-pac skimmer w/ an aqua-c remora HOB skimmer.

Started cooking 100 lbs+ of live rock in the basment.

Whats new in everyone elses tank??

speedstar - Reefkeeper CR Member

more dead coral
    Anyone can grow Zoa's and LPS I have some in my sump.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I have a serious bryopsis problem...which is effecting corals now. Spending too much time on the site and not enough time with tank!

Hope someone has something good happening instead of the first two replies to your topic...

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

I made a new stand for the larger frag tank coming Sunday!!
    Expecting another order from Florida tomorrow and bulbs 3 and 4.
    Hoping to re wire lights by Sunday and then the frag tank transfer.
    Tonight I mesh moded a an impeller for my POS skimmer on the DT and an acrylic cover for my overflow......Poor Pylei
    Tomorrow, Im going to get my Wellso and a few other goodies from Tomasz and stopping by Kees for a clam or two!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

My Kedds Reds are aaaaaaaaaalive!!!! Yup, after over a week of being closed. They lookin sooooo purdy! My Green Implosions are going crazy, walking all over the place, new polyps galore! I have another zoa (not yet identified) that has also walked off it's plug onto the LR. I caught my Tangaroa goby grabbing an amphipod fer dinner and lil Miz PJ Cardinal, well just says she aint starving.
    So all is wonderfully well with my tank. I also have bryopsis but started dosing with Magnesium, see how that goes.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Looks like a mix of good and bad.

Looking forward to hearing what else is new in everyones tank.

CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

I finally put up my 60g frag tank over the weekend, its about 3/4 full of water and should be full by tonight. I plan to finish plumbing the drain to the sump, and finishing the return tonight as well(hopefully). Then once things settle for a few days, I plan to move my chalice collection and all smaller frags to the frag tank to clear up some space it the DT.

This weekend I plan on taking 80% of the live rock in my DT and start the "cooking" process. Its over-run with aptasia, and some type of culerpa sp? thats pretty invasive and grows way too fast for me. Not even sure how it got in there.

the same when i got it lol......working is killing my time to start it

CR Member
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

I have not done anything new with my 90gal display lately. Still procratinating on building my new stand so I can put my new sump/refugium under it. I can not decide if I should do a 2 x 4 construction and then skirt it out or to use 3/4inch hard wood plywood. I did however fix the spiderweb of RO lines running in my basement, crame more frags in my frag tank to the point of it being full, and add a royal gamma to it. My frag tank is kinda a nano/frag tank.

Hey Shawn, if you have never added a frag tank to an exsisting system I thought I would point out that you probably will get an algae bloom. I know it doesn't make sense from a science point of view afterall you are just adding volume to an already cycled system but I have seen it happen several times. You shouldn't notice any problems in your display just in the frag tank itself. I would take your time moving your corals in there until you are sure everything has shaken out.

As far as my tank? I have a few new growth tips but other than that I am just watching it grow out. I have made no significant changes in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva'sReef View Post
    I finally put up my 60g frag tank over the weekend, its about 3/4 full of water and should be full by tonight. I plan to finish plumbing the drain to the sump, and finishing the return tonight as well(hopefully). Then once things settle for a few days, I plan to move my chalice collection and all smaller frags to the frag tank to clear up some space it the DT.

This weekend I plan on taking 80% of the live rock in my DT and start the "cooking" process. Its over-run with aptasia, and some type of culerpa sp? thats pretty invasive and grows way too fast for me. Not even sure how it got in there.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... Last