I have some question's on whether this setup is going to work or not.I plan on putting my RO/DI filter on a shelf in my basement next to my washing machine hook up.I'll just run my waste water tubing into my washing machine drain(easy part).I'm going to use a 3/4" Y connector from my cold water where my washing machine taps into and have one side going to my washer and the other side(using the 3/4" garden hose adapter) going to the RO/DI filter.
Next I'm going to run the out put line to a tee,I'm then going to drop down from the tee into a make up rubbermaid tub with a Kent Marine float valve.This will be where I'll get my water for mixing up water changes.The other end of the tee will run up to my sump where I'll put another float valve and use this to automatically top off my tank with.
A couple of concerns I have is:the length from the filter to my tank sump will be some 25 + feet.Is this run to long to bring water up to my float valve in the sump?
Second:If I install the shutoff kit to go along with the float valve in my sump how will I be able to fill up my water change tub when my sump is satisfied?Also my water comes from a well.
Any help will be appreciated.
Rick