I just purchased yet another tank for my beloved seahorses.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

I have a few problems / ?'s.

1. Lighting - Will anything other then metal halides reach the bottom of the tank? I'm not sure my T5's are going to be enough. Heat from the MH isn't a problem since I have a huge chiller.

2. Filteration - Hmmm this is a tough one. I always have drilled reef ready tanks. I love them and always have sumps full of chaeto and asm skimmers. This tank is not drilled and I HATE hang on overflow boxes. I'm not sure if I should just go with a canister filter like a fluval or a magnum 350, or try to drill the back of the tank. I'm certain the bottom is tempered so no drilling that part. I feel I need the benefits of a sump. Seahorse tanks tend to have higher then normal nitrates and I depend on my skimmer and chaeto to help controle that. ( and weekly water changes) I do not think I will feel comfortable without my trusty sump and skimmer.

3. Cleaning the bottom of the glass.- Since there is no way I can reach the bottom of a 36.5 in tall tank, I need a good algae magnet. I remember seeing an algae magnet that had a razor blade attached to it. I can not find where I saw it. If anyone knows where to get one or is familiar with them please let me know.

4. Sandbed - I've been doing a lot of research on sandbeds, and although I have never had anything other then a Deep sandbed (6+ inches) I'm thinking a shallow sandbed or bare bottom may be an idea. Bare bottomed would make cleaning easier, that's for sure. Not to mention the fact that I will have lots of spraybars in this tank for proper water circulation from top to bottom. I won't have to worry about blowing sand around.

Any and all ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Angie