[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Odd Nitrite issue

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Hybrid View

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by rulost2001 View Post
    just my two cents.....when i started this expedition....one of the first things i bought was a giant hairy mushroom...lol i personally believe he keeps my nitrites all under control.....i have 8 fish in a 28 gallon nanocube i slightly overfeed mysis so my mandarin gets some....my two crabs and 3 shrimp and snails clean up the rest.... i havent had a nitrite issue....i think its because of my filter feeders and crew. i personally wont start another tank without a large filter feeder....he helps bigtime.
    love the hairy mushroom idea. Natural solutions are always best. since i dont have any stationary inverts I should be ok to try it Thank you for the sugestion. I will let you know if it works.

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

Alright are we talking about Nitrites or Nitrates. Once a tank is cycled you should NEVER see any nitrites. Nitrates are what we all try to manage, nitrates are the end result of the biological pathway that converts Ammonia to Nitrites and finally to Nitrates. I just want to make sure were all talking about the same issue.

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmalone View Post
    Alright are we talking about Nitrites or Nitrates. Once a tank is cycled you should NEVER see any nitrites. Nitrates are what we all try to manage, nitrates are the end result of the biological pathway that converts Ammonia to Nitrites and finally to Nitrates. I just want to make sure were all talking about the same issue.
    From what I understand, My Nitrates are still acceptable so moving on to the Nitrite issue. This is where my problem is. My Nitrite is sitting at about .25+ or - I know it should be a 0 since it is not there. my questin was what am I missing since I think that I am doing everything. I am not using ro yet so that is the next thing.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2