Quote Originally Posted by streetrodder007 View Post
Advice- if you are using 100% live rock and live sand, don't waste your money on Live bacteria. If you are starting a brand spankin new tank with dry materials, buy the product, it will help.

Also buy the shrimp, 60 count bag at Meijer's for $5, plus you will need the cocktail sauce for $2, then I also bought a case of Bud Light for $15). It's crucial you drink the beer and eat the rest of the shrimp, while staring at the tank and planning your new inhabitants, or it will never cycle.....LOL......that's what works for me !!!!!!!!
It'll be a new tank. I'm working on a starphire 120gal. I plan on adding new sand and seeding it with some LS from my current tank in addition to some dry rock and seeding it with about 20 - 30 lbs of cured rock.

I agree the beer, shrimp, and cocktail sauce are all essential to cycling Anything to help get the cycle going helps I suppose. I have no intention of rushing things, just wondered if this stuff helped any quicker. I'll have to start my build thread soon then I suppose.