For the first time ever, my tank percipitated. I know nothing about this topic, and would like some info.

I did some tank maintanance and lost some water. I also wanted to lower my salinity a bit, so I mixed my top off water light on the salt. I have some seachem marine buffer on hand that I have never used and figured I would use it in my top off. Possible big mistake??

So, the top off water was a bit cloudy and decided to add it to the tank a little at a time over the course of a few hours. As soon as I added the cloudy top off water to the tank, it mixed with my water, instantly clear. No problems.

Just as I added the last bit of water to the tank, the water stayed a little cloudy. Couple hours later I got the big snow storm that steadily got worse.

It was very late, and was unsure of what to do, so I let it run its course. Another big mistake??

So- now the water is nice and clear, but I have a white coating on the glass, rocks and bottom of the tank. Also have a film on the water surface.

What do I need to do now?? What are the concequences of percipitation and what issues are involved?

I see no issues with any fish/coral/inverts, just have a light dusting of settled snow in the tank.

I will be taking parameter tests tonight after dinner, just in case they are needed.

Info would be much apreciated! Thx- chris.