[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

DLBerlin Benefit Auction and Garage Sale + Win MASM-MMC Ticket

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Thank Tim...It is my pleasure to help out Deb as much as we can. We're still a small forum so it's a little tougher to get the donations and also buyers for the items. But we will do what we can. We have already had a couple members send money directly to the benefit@captivereefs.com email listed above.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

BTW- If you guys are connected to facebook especially with other reefers, please share the first post on facebook (use the Share button). I think that will help get the word out a little more to get additional interest going.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

To the top!!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member

I was very sad to hear this. Hope you are doing ok Deb. I've posted to all my contacts as well. Hope we can help out!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Let's not forget a lot of our auction benefit items are closing soon! For this to work we need bidders to actually buy the items. So to kick the contest up a notch, the winner of any item also gets entered into the drawing for the MMC conference tickets.

Also, any one who has sent a donation directly will also be entered for a chance to win a conference ticket! The paypal email to do that is benefit@captivereefs.com.

CR Member
    First Name
    Debbie

Hello everyone

After much deliberation I have decided to leave the reef hobby and turn my tank to freshwater. Our income and debt make it inevitable.
    I have already started selling off livestock and I will be working on a list to post in the selling forums. It will take some time as I have over 12 yrs of accumulated "reef stuff" along with lots of leftovers from closing down DIYReef, and lots of stuff I just got for breeding over the last several months.
    The good news is that I have already found a wonderful home for the Haddoni and Clarkii. Chad Penny came and got the tank and all yesterday.

Deb

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Sorry to see you get out Debbie. But I understand your reasons. Hopefully you will get back in some day.
    Last edited by jimsflies; 04-21-2010 at 10:34 AM.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I think most of the benefit auctions are completed now. Hopefully sellers are collecting the funds...the funds can be forwarded to benefit@captivereefs.com. Be sure to select "gift" on paypal to avoid fees.

I will work on a list of buyers and sellers that participated and we will have a drawing for the masm MMC conference ticket. Remember for a item to count toward your entry into the drawing, the funds need to be forwarded to the above paypal. It wouldn't hurt to drop me a pm letting me know you sent it so I don't miss anyone.

Also anyone wishing to just make a donation, can use that paypal address. I will also enter you into the drawing for the conference ticket as well.

thefishgirl - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Becky

PM sent Jim.

CR Member
    First Name
    Dale

I am sorry to hear about you leaving deb while you where at the helm of DIY you helped me a few times buy answering my questions.
    Hope every thing goes well for you in what ever endeavorers you choose in life

Dale

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last