[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Pressure Locking Baffles for sump

Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 5 First ... 3 4 5
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

It is a combo. Looking at the pic 1st chamber is for my mag 9.5 return. Middle is for the fuge., and the far right is for the ASM G3 and the water draining from the 75g seahorse tank. In the fuge there will be 3-5 lbs LR rubble (whatever fits) and a 4" sandbed.

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

WHEW!!! *wipes sweat from forehead*
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Hmm, I didn't think a G3 would fit in there. What are your dimensions? (Or did I miss them?)
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

RHAPALA - Reefkeeper Registered User
    NORTH EAST PA. YES MY TOWN IS REALLY CALLED NORTH EAST

sweet i too am thinking of doing the same set up next week when i get my 75 gal. i'm planing on moving my rock that i hace now along with a sand bed and put it into a 10 gal tank and turn my 30 gal into the sump/fudge and run the tank while the new tank cycles with new rock............one other question are your baffles solid? do they have the for the lack of a better work notcher at the bottem to make it stand higher theb the other too?.....also i read that ya left the paper on the seal?? how is that gonna affect the tank? or will it not??

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

I just wanted to update this thread and make a few suggestions. Make sure you use thicker acrylic then I did for the sump baffles. Mine were too thin and didn't hold well. I ended up running beads of silicone along the edges of all of the baffles to keep them in place. Once it was filled with water and had actual water pressure against it, it was pretty flimsey.
    I didn't want to take any chances of the baffles letting loose once it was under the stand. I would not be able to repair it under there and I already have to tear the tank down or cut the center brace to get it installed.
    So my moveable baffles are no longer moveable But it's sturdy now. Now I just have to get it installed. I'm tired of looking at on the floor next to the tank.....ya just know I'm gonna cut the stand's center brace don't ya??? Please don't break.....please don't break.....please don't break...................

Angie

Page 5 of 5 First ... 3 4 5