[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Catch of the Day

Bookmark and Share

Default Catch of the Day

Name:  mako-shark-truck-bed.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  54.1 KB

Pensacola, FL -

I guess this is the Michigan equivalent of a deer on the hood....Imagine pulling into a gas station and seeing a pickup truck pull in toting an enormous mako shark that is nearly spilling out of the vehicle's bed. The shark, an 11-foot, 805-lb shortfin mako, was hooked Tuesday night and very well may be a record breaker.

The accompanying image was posted Wednesday on the Pensacola News Journal Facebook page, saying it was supplied by a reader who said it had been caught off Navarre Beach in the morning. In the first six hours the photo had been shared more than 1,200 times.

Details were not provided but a facebook reader commented that his cousin caught the mako, and added: “I have been asked not to provide the details however I can release some information. It was caught SE of Panama City Beach. It is a mako and will be used for food. “Most of my family will be eating on this thing for months. Makos are legal game fish in Florida. There is nothing wrong with taking one of these as long as the creature is not wasted, and nothing goes to waste.”

Some shark fishermen choose to remain anonymous because so many people are against killing sharks these days.

This catch comes just days after this giant bull shark was caught just beyond the Miami Beach skyline.

Name:  giant-bull-shark.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  39.6 KB

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

You shoulda seen the one that got away!
    Likes jimsflies liked this post