[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Schminksbro's SPS Garden

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Thanks very much Mike! Just let me know when you get set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferMike View Post
    congrats andy you deserve it, very cool tank bro, and very impressive growth! im sure your corals wont take long to bounce back from the move. fyi your one of the guys i hope to cherry pick a few frags from once i get to where i can start stocking again... prepare yourself lol

CR Member

Beautiful tank! Your red millie is awesome! Definitely a well deserved TOTM!

Thanks very much! Things are a little drab after the move but so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatfieldenator View Post
    Beautiful tank! Your red millie is awesome! Definitely a well deserved TOTM!

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Beautiful.......................extremely colorful!
    Question to you, (and who ever else may see this )
    What's the secret to getting the caps to 'stay put' and grow sideways from the rock?
    I have had a few attached, as well as a small one attached/glued to my overflow- the fish know them over, or the blenney 'rests' on it, and they eventually fall. What's the secret?
    (I was using coral glue I picked up at LFS, but a fellow reefer told me to use crazyglue gel-says it works for him, his frags are incredibe and stay put)
    Any ideas for me ?

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

oops! still have the BLUE GLOW contest on the brain, lol- above should be "the fish knock them over" - sorry!

Thanks,
    I use super glue gel and put a lot on the broken edge of the cap. I then try to fit it into a little dip or crevice in the rock. Sometimes it helps to mash the glue around the edges so it grabs the pores in the rock. I always mount caps horizontally and the flow does the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle's Ocean View Post
    Beautiful.......................extremely colorful!
    Question to you, (and who ever else may see this )
    What's the secret to getting the caps to 'stay put' and grow sideways from the rock?
    I have had a few attached, as well as a small one attached/glued to my overflow- the fish know them over, or the blenney 'rests' on it, and they eventually fall. What's the secret?
    (I was using coral glue I picked up at LFS, but a fellow reefer told me to use crazyglue gel-says it works for him, his frags are incredibe and stay put)
    Any ideas for me ?

softiegirl - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sue
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

ok, so it was tank of the month, now tank of the year? im confused by the wording but very happy for Andy!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen this system in person but have seen some of his previous work and i suspect this is no less spectacular!!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by softiegirl View Post
    ok, so it was tank of the month, now tank of the year? im confused by the wording but very happy for Andy!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen this system in person but have seen some of his previous work and i suspect this is no less spectacular!!
    That's correct. We had the members vote for their favorite Tank of the Month, which became Tank of the Year. Andy's was TOTM in July. Here is a link to the vote thread:

2010 Tank Of The Year!!! sponsored by Bashsea!

MUCHO REEF - Reefkeeper CR Member

WOW, I can't believe more people haven't weighed in with a personal congrats on this.

Just wanted to say, BRAVO, awesome job Bro. That orange cap is absolutely stunning, some crazy layering going on there. I'm sure it will be even more stunning within the year as it continues to grow.

Any tips for us future sps owners?

Again, congrats

Mucho
    Please stop fragging your frags.......you'll eventually do more damage than good. Just let them grow.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

congrats,awsome looking tank

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last