[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

New coralife skimmer set up

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

Default New coralife skimmer set up

I got my new skimmer yesterday(right as I was leaveing for a show with the kiddies)put into ops last night till 11:30 tried my new sump(rat/blasted thing)skimmer works great so far i like it but he sump is another story

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Which one did you get? Ordered one myself (the mid sized one 125g?) for my new 44g, just to give it a whirl, and because F&S had it on sale and I may have to go hang-on.....
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    George

do you want less volume a dark concentrion of waste or more volume with light diluted waste....I think the dark concentration is best am i right

First Name
    George

I also got the 125 and am using it under the cabinet in the sump so far i like it
    especily for the price lfs whated 215.

First Name
    George

I love f & s their shipping is timely they said seven days i got it in 4
    fedx on the other hand is not as trustworthy I watched the guy deleivering my Livestock and he must have turned the box over 3 times comeing up the steps to the house

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by carpenterwrasse
    I love f & s their shipping is timely they said seven days i got it in 4
    fedx on the other hand is not as trustworthy I watched the guy deleivering my Livestock and he must have turned the box over 3 times comeing up the steps to the house
    We're a bit more fotunate on the shipping.. generally next day shipping for ground rates...and the FedEx Dude and Dudette that deliver here know that anything coming here is either fragile, alive or both and tend to take a little more care...

But I like a medium green mix for skimmate (makes cleaning easier) But LMK what you think of that skimmer, it'll be a few weeks before I set this tank up at all... so if it's a POS I can send it back or just start hacking on it
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    George

I'll let you know either way i am switching from a berlin turbo( it broke). It got shipped out of wisconsin somewhere.

Ive got the same skimmer and it seems to work very very well. Easily adjustable, and it has a nice baffle so the return water doesnt give you to many micro bubbles.
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

flame - Reefkeeper Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by carpenterwrasse
    do you want less volume a dark concentrion of waste or more volume with light diluted waste....I think the dark concentration is best am i right
    I use the same skimmer and like it. I prefer the concentration to be some where in between the the two. Mine is set to a green tea color. You will find that that unit is a little picky about water level and when you add or lose water you may need to re-adjust.

Good luck

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Ron,what water level have you found this skimmer to perform best in?Every skimmer i've used is picky about fluctuating water level.C-wrasse,since your gonna be re-building your baffles in your sump.Place that skimmer in its own section,install the baffles so it will have a stable water level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last