[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

New Lighting and canopy for our reef

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default New Lighting and canopy for our reef

I was goofing around earlier today and heard the ballasts fire up and decided to grab a picture of our new lighting system as it sits now in the canopy, had to get it quick with the daylights just starting to get fired up else forget it, the poor digi just can't seem to handle the intensity.

Total lighting now, in the center is a 400w Iwasaki, and each side is a 250w Iwasaki, then 4 65w Sunpaq 460nm Bluw power compacts. Still need to do a bit more work, 'clean up' the wiring a bit now that it is all in it's new home, and finish adding some support across the fron and back to make sure the canopy stays in place.

All in all, 'lectric company be damned, the meter is spinning like crazy We are very pleased with the way everything is responding to the new lights.... They are almost up to full power when I took the tank shot.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Dave

A quick shot of just the Blue's running. This will give you some idea of just how blue they really are compared to purplish color most normal actinic 03's give off.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

God said, "let there be light" and there was... A friggin white out, in your tank... Now that's some light!!! Very bright and brilliant. Looks great!!!

Repto
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

First Name
    Dave

Started building my new overflow box last night, going two squeeze to 1" standpipes in it, they should really flow some water! So I'll be able to get that old weir box out of the way, and changing up the returns going to use the Mag7 that's in play now and add the Mag9.5 so each returns to opposite ends of the tank. I'd like to see if I can't get the powerheads out of site as well and just use them for wavemakers.

I think that should increase our water movement just a teeny tiny bit.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Sounds creative... should work.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying