[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Tunze 6025 on a Seio controller

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default Tunze 6025 on a Seio controller

I've read that the Tunze 6025 can't be used on a wave maker which operates using on/off modes. It was mentioned that the Seio controller doesn't use on/off it just dials power back, so I was wondering will this controller would work with Tunze 6025s?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'm not familiar with the seio controller. But I suspect they are saying that it won't work because of the mechanics of the on/off physically banging against the stop on the impeller. It just tends to wear out the pump prematurely.

The "controllable" pumps typically are DC pumps that can have voltage varied to slow/speed up the pump. Of course the 6025 is of the AC variety. The 6055 is a DC pump and can be fully controlled.

tazzy695 - Reefkeeper CR Member

ok did a little research and the pump is not controllable per say but at the same time the seio controller seems to be able to ramp back the power to just lower the speed but is still an ac power supply

if you were to try it I would highly recommend getting the controler from somewhere you can return in-case it doesn't work with your pump it dose say on their web site that it will only work with certain pumps of theirs
    I have been reefing from 08-2007 till 5-2011

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then