[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Who's happy with their LED fixtures? I'm not.

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    garron

I have had my 6 evergrows (or reefbeeders, they are the same) since july 2012 and have had good luck. I bought mine right from evergrow back when you could order direct from them. They have actually contacted me a couple of times since to see if I still liked them and asked for suggestions. There are several that look like evergrows (the cases are pretty much copied all over) but I have read that the drivers/leds are different. When I ordered the first 2 they only had blue, white, uv and violet. When I ordered my next 4 they had 2 different blues, red and green. The last 2 I ordered this year they now have 2 or three different colors of daylight as well.
    Likes Tom Toro liked this post

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toro View Post
    Some good reputable folks on another site recommended Evergrow LED's on ebay. They look a lot like the ajm's that failed on me, but they must have better guts.

Anybody on CR have any experience with them? I think I'm pulling the trigger on two tonight, but thought I'd check.
    I believe Tom aka TDB320 uses these fixtures. if pictures are worth a thousand words his tank is saying millions of them!! lol they looked like nice units and he seamed very happy with them. With the results he"s getting I wouldn't be afraid to try em.Good Luck

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

I have the evergrow fixtures from eBay. They seem to do a fine job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rc Hopkins sig - Who's happy with their LED fixtures? I'm not.

Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Hey Chuck,
    That's the guy that I talked with on the other forum. His tank is Awesome for sure and I think he's using the full spectrum. I'll get that type too.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    I believe Tom aka TDB320 uses these fixtures. if pictures are worth a thousand words his tank is saying millions of them!! lol they looked like nice units and he seamed very happy with them. With the results he"s getting I wouldn't be afraid to try em.Good Luck
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

I've been running a evolution 120 watt fixture for years and love it. Its a gen 1.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

I've got two reef breeders over my 210 and everything is doing/growing very well!

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toro View Post
    Hey Chuck,
    That's the guy that I talked with on the other forum. His tank is Awesome for sure and I think he's using the full spectrum. I'll get that type too.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Toms a great guy! When we finally met up at his hose we gabbed reefing for over an hour! His tank is jaw dropping . Good person to listen too! the new tank is looking sweet by the way it really came together nicely for ya

First Name
    Tom

Thanks for the good words Young Man. Can't call you the other name cause I got you by a couple years at least.

I ordered three of the evergrows yesterday so I'll let you guys know how I like 'em. Sure hope they don't take too long. I've got one third full spectrum and two thirds all blue right now. Looks bad. Clam is in the full spectrum area.

Thanks for the help, Everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    Toms a great guy! When we finally met up at his hose we gabbed reefing for over an hour! His tank is jaw dropping . Good person to listen too! the new tank is looking sweet by the way it really came together nicely for ya
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

Likes binford4000 liked this post

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

I have no complaints with my AI Sol Blues. The price was a hard pill to swallow but the quality is top notch and I figure they have more than paid for themselves already between power savings over the old MH/VHO combination (lights,chiller and house AC electrical costs) bulb replacement savings, greatly reduced RO/DI topoffs so filter and resin savings and what I was able to sell the old fixtures for.

First Name
    Tom

Received all three yesterday and hooked two of them up where I had the broken ajm's (about 8" from the water).

I Turned them on full blast, but immediately raised them all the way up on the top link of my chains and turned the whites down to around 30%. You guys weren't kidding about the power.

I left the one ajm that still worked next to the other two evergrows. It was not even close to the intensity of the new lights. Even at 30% they were brighter than the ajm at full blast.

I put up the remaining evergrow and it looks like a different tank. I have egg crate and window screening over the tank(lots of Wrasse escapees) and thought that's why the ajm's were so dark.

Pics (especially mine) won't do it justice. Fish colors are really popping and so are the lps.

For $132 each, I'm very happy with them so far and hope they last.

Thanks for the help, Folks![COLOR="Silver"]

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last