[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Wrong part I think!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Hybrid View

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Wrong part I think!

My return tubing is 1/2" but the part Gla$$Holes sent me to connect the tubing to the bulk head is 3/4" non-barbed. It's very loose and I can't see what I'd use to make the fit. Help!
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397424977.184465.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  30.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397424960.779230.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  17.5 KB
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

gla$$holes lol... this is a family site.

By barbed, do you mean threaded?

I'm not entirely sure what you are connecting from you two photos, it looks like you have two female ends? You should be able to cut a short length of 3/4-inch pipe to connect the two together.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Both pics are of the same part. The unthreaded part is where I assume my 1/2" tubing goes but how? The opening is 3/4" and way to big for the 1/2" tubing. Not even glue would keep them connected.
    Shouldn't both ends be threaded?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Is your tubing threaded? Maybe post a photo of the other part (tubing) so I can be sure.

But, you'll likely need to get a 3/4-inch slip by 1/2-inch coupling ...and may need a short section of 3/4-inch pipe depending on what fitting you can find. I think I mentioned about 50 trips to the plumbing store when I plumbed my tank...

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

The connection is very loose. For what I paid for this kit I shouldn't have to buy anything extra!! Ugh!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

AZDesertRat - Reefkeeper
    Subject Matter Expert
    Water Treatment

I would look for a 3/4" slip x 1/2" female threaded adapter bushing then screw a 1/2" male thread by 1/2" barbed nipple in the piece they sent. You would want to glue the bushing into the 90 degree fitting.
    Another option would be a 3/4" x 1/2" threaded bushing screwed into the 90 degree piece with a 1/2" male thread by 1/2" barbed 90 degree elbow pointed down. All the above should be available at ACE, True Value, Lowes or HD either in the lawn sprinkler area or on the wall with the flare, compression and speed fittings.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Did the kit come with directions? Did you checked the the instructions and/or website to be sure the kit you received had all the parts it was supposed to?

I'm thinking either the kit was not complete or you have the drain and return parts mixed up.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

There's a part missing According to the list posted on their sight for this kit. No way to mix up the two

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Great news!

Did you contact them yet? My guess is they will make it right.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Here's how I'm assuming it's supposed to go. No other parts exist for the return. The vinyl tubing is much smaller then the elbow opening.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397434811.018591.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  26.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397434827.532715.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  25.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397434847.568547.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  21.8 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397434864.542444.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  24.0 KB