[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Babies Again!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Thank you for all the input! Just got in as was in Orlando all day (school shopping/clothes for kiddo, ) So just read all posts.....
    #1, my bad... I should have given abit more info to the cube:
    In it I now currently have 1 pair of mated nemos (aww they are so cute!), 1 baby lawnmower blenney, 1 tonga nassarius snail, about 3 itty bitty blue legs, 1 turbo, about 5 xenia clusters I had fragged and a handful of red gracilaria I grow in there, then feed to the main tank. (the blenney likes to hide in it)
    I actually picked something up today at AquariumFanatics in Orlando...nice store
    www.aquarium-fanatics.com
    I bought a filter bag, 4x12 which I thought on putting that flush against the filter panel, clipping the top and pushing a rock against the bottom, so the filter would remain in place, water may still pass through-but nothing else.
    I am considering moving them once they are a bit bigger..... I am still reading up on breeding the clowns- so far none of the several clutches have succeeded - mostly because htey were in the main tank, and I could not catch the fry, although I tried many ways.
    So.....I do and have liked the 10gallon tank, with the green water/food...I am just cautious now, should I leave them in the biocube, as they hatch.....and grow....would they have a possibility of survival? Or do you think the clowns/blenney would eat thinking the babies were food?

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

*****************ALSO!!!!
    heehee I am so happy about this....I picked up the tiniest little baby magician zoo today.
    (who knows if it is truly a zoo or a paly? The guy wasn't specific....I think zoanthid)
    Was a steal at $10

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

WHAT IF....... I move the rock now?
    I moved the top part of the cave, to get an idea of how many eggs are there. The eyes are silver, which if I remember my stuff correctly, that means they should be hatching tonight?
    So...if I move the rock now (I know not to take it out and expose air to it), and put it in its own tank... then that would be ok- right? Then I wouldn't have to worry about catching the fry, they would be in their own tank, and I can just add a bubbler to it, until I go to the store tomorrow and get a corner filter......? Good idea or void?

adalius - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle's Ocean View Post
    The eyes are silver, which if I remember my stuff correctly, that means they should be hatching tonight?
    Assuming you didn't miss a day, yes. (I did read the day after eyes are visible, and the day eyes are visible, so 50/50 on that one I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle's Ocean View Post
    So...if I move the rock now (I know not to take it out and expose air to it), and put it in its own tank... then that would be ok- right? Then I wouldn't have to worry about catching the fry, they would be in their own tank, and I can just add a bubbler to it, until I go to the store tomorrow and get a corner filter......? Good idea or void?
    I would think this should work. I'd advise against the filter for the first couple days though. Just run a heater/airstone.

For more info check out http://www.breedclownfish.com/step-2...clownfish-fry/

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

yes what i would do is do a water change and with your old water from that tank use it to fill a batch tank. take a tupperware and put it in your display tank. move the rock with the eggs on it into the tupperware and then lift it all out so the rock is in the tupperware with the normal tank water. then place the whole thing in the batch tank slow and steady then slowly lift the rock and put it into place for the hatching to begin. then remove the tupperware and done! well at least until the fun part starts =) That is probably the safest way to handle them without siphoning or exposing them to air.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

You read my mind Justin! I used a fish bag, though, lol- to lift the rock out and place it in the new tank.
    I actually filled my 1 gallon with the biocube tank water, then replaced the biocube water w/ a mix of h2o from my main tank and fresh water.
    I put the filter bag I bought over the little filter that came with the tank, (no media or anything in it, just is circulating the water for now, and just threw in an additional airline for water movement / air.
    Josh- I am thinking either tonight or tomorrow....as you may be correct , I may have missed a day. That is exactly one of the sites I had read
    I took a couple of quick pics...will try to post them.
    (it is dark because I have already shut everything off as I normally would have- don't want to shock the lil eggs by "bright light", and haven't quite figured where I am now going to set this tank up- for the moment, it is right next to my bed,:embarrased: haha )
    Attached Images Attached Images        

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Also threw in a pic of Bubba the frogfish

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

(On our club forum, I was asked if any new developments, as they are following my thread there

:cry: Yes......the numbers dwindled. Now there are none. Very sad. The few that were left started to do a spiral spinning 'dive bomb' swim which from what I read is not a good sign :cry:
    I think I may try to leave them in the tank next time- then net them out when they hatch. The website mentions removing before hatching, but that survival is low that way.
    Who has raised baby clowns before on this forum?
    What are some technigues you used?

Not sure if the temperature may have been off by a degree or that the circulation was too much or too little. I actually had the same water from the biocube -so the chemistry was the same.

Sad......I don't want to play scientist and experiment on the little guys until everything is 'just right'.....but I don't want to sit and do nothing, either-leaving them to death by predation or filtration if not removed.
    :?: Any tips anyone for the next clutch?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Sorry to hear that Chelle. Fishtal and Tanglovers here are both clownfish breeding gurus. Hopefully one of them can give you some tips to get you further next time. Skyhigh also has raised clowns in the past as well...I know we have others, but those come to mind as resident experts.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

If ya wanna breed them why not just put them in a breeder tank?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last