[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Check out my new dog face puffer !!!

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

WtksBlondie104 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Talking Help me find a name for these guys.

This little guy is so awesome! This is my first time having a puffer, since I just got my new aggressive tank set up. Does anyone have any good advice for keeping this fish? I haven't thought of a name yet either. I am looking for a good puffer name, but not something like Puffy. I want a strong name, that describes a puffer personality.

The water parameters are good, and I got it some Krill shrimp to eat.
    Here are some pictures:

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

Awww he is so cute! You will love this little guy, I have a freash water one and I just adore him! Just make sure to feed him hard stuff once and a while to keep his teeth down.
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

WtksBlondie104 - Reefkeeper CR Member

What kind of hard things should I stock up on to feed him?

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

Things that will keep his teeth down, like shell fish or shrimp with the skin, I guess that is what you would call it, still on. Only buy a few things at a time, he may be a picky eater. Their teeth are like rabbits they will keep growing and growing until they are unable to eat and starve to death. If their teeth don't stay down nauturally you may find in nessasary to trim them yourself.
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

if you have a crushed coral substrate that will be a big help for him to keep his teeth filed (they like to chew on it) as for foods best suited for these large puffers ,be sure to give him a good variety of meaty foods .krill is on the list but doesnt contain a large amount of protein so feed other types as well.( be sure all foods are served raw and thawed and rinsed in fw to kill any unwanted organisms these foods may harbor. foods such krill ,crab ,shrimp,silverslides,squid,scallops,muscles,cockle s in a shell,octopus(if avail) be sure to only use sw variety foods as fw species contain different diet which may not be suitable for your sw variety fish.some of these foods can be purchased in freeze dried variety but this process does remove alot of the natural nutrients they contain .try to stick with fresh or frozen prepared foods .i also soak all of my foods in garlic extreme and selcon to boost nutritional value for better health of my fish..be sure your new puffer is in a calm enviroment as stress can cause him to puff up.these fish if overstressed can result in hunger strike ,over puffing (can cause death).good luck i hope this helps