[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My Tomato Clowns finally spawned

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

Dave,

That is just too cool. Thanks for letting us in on this one. I hope that one day my clowns spawn. Just so that I can see it all in action up close. I don't think I would ever be successful in raising any of them. They are killer hard to raise and with all the pumps and filters running not likely for them to survive. Still fun to watch though. Keep the pics comming.

Angie
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

To echo Angie: That is SO cool! Can't wait to see pics once they start to hatch...

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Well,I'm just gonna have to watch Big Mama all evening and perhaps through the early morning hours in hopes i can get some pics of the tiny larvae fry.I'm thinking i might turn off all the internal pumps/powerheads tonight so I can keep them from being blown around and then they should stay near the nest. BTW,Since the spawn,I'm really trying to power feed the Mama Clown.I was advised to feed her as often as possible.Shouldn't be a problem,she has an insatiable appetite.

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

This is awesome. I'm hoping to get myself a new pair of cinnamon clown sometime. What your going through with this adventure looks fun and sounds interesting. How does it like being a Grandpa Fish?:fishbowl:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Update? Please... I'm itching for details! :smt047

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

The first clutch of eggs hatched on the 7th,that morning as expected.3 days later,I assume it was either late Sat. evening or early Sun morning,the female has laid another clutch of eggs.So,It looks like they're going to spawn on a bi-weekly basis typical of these fish.
    As for the fry/larvae,they were never seen.I assume they were eaten,got tossed around in the pumps/sump,and starved.I dont want to disturb the pair so i'm gonna wait a bit before i try to raise the fry.

CR Member
    Originally from Philly we moved to South Jersey a few years ago

Any pictures of the fry? This is decent. The only fish I have ever had to have babies were my mollies. The freshwater beginner tank. They were so cute. I WANNA SEE PICS! Im excited for you.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3