[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

It never ends......

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default It never ends......

My male H. Erectus is sick. I noticed a small pimple on the end of his snout about August 15th. The area wasn't swollen or red, so I decided to just keep an eye on it.

August 17th.
    Tiny pimple blew up to a large pus filled "zit". I also noticed a small red spot on the upper chest area. I'm not sure if this a bacterial infection or if it is the dreaded gas bubble disease. I ordered Diamox and additional meds. I moved him to a 10G Hospital tank. I started treating with trisulfa by mardel. I didn't have any neomycin so I placed and order for neomycin and triple sulfa from DanU at seahorsesource.com. I continued to treat with the trisulfa untill the other meds arrived from DanU.

August 21st.
    Neomycin and triple sulfa arrived from DanU. I did a 100% WC and started the new meds. (old ones weren't working anyways)

Day 1
    12cc neomycin and 2 caps of the triple sulfa per 10G water. I decided to apply bio-bandage gel to the sore on the sea horses upper chest. When I took him out to apply the bio-bandage, the bubble on his snout appeared to break, but didn't decrease in size. I applied the bio-bandage to both areas and returned him to the hospital tank.

Day 2-10
    50% wc daily adding back 6cc neomycin and 1 cap of triple sulfa. I ALSO ADDED THE BIO-BANDAGE TO BOTH AREAS. I will continue to add the bio-bandage 1x daily just for added protection.

I am now on day 3 and there is no improvement. He has a weak snick but can still eat if I pick out the smaller P.Vulgaris for him.

I'm on day 3 with the new meds and so far it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm not sure what else to do for my Male. The area on his chest is still red and ugly and he still has the "bubble / zit" on his snout. I'm not sure how long they need to be on the meds before I start to see any improvement. I do know he is not happy to be away from his female partner. She isn't happy about the seperation either.

I have a boat load of other meds on hand, just in case this treatment isn't successful. I will post some pics in a little bit.

Angie

Default pics

2 pics

Angie, I sure do wish you and this handsome guy the very best...

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

i don't know what to tell you other then good luck angie! i hope he gets better soon
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

It seems like I am cursed with all of my sea horses. I lost an entire tank of redi's and now this one is sick. Granted the redi's were a mess when I got them, those started as a rescue. I am 100% positive that it is not something I have done. I have done enough research to know that. I followed 4 mos, QT and check water parameters 2-3X week. I use ro/di water and I clean tanks and filters weekly. I also do water changes weekly.

Since the sea horses were fine in QT, I can only assume the bacterial infection or whatever it is was always present. It just didn't show up untill I moved them to their new tank. It was most likely the stress of the move. Even though the new tank is a better home for them, it still has to stress them being moved from one "home" to another. I will contine to treat with the meds untill the course is completed. If it is not cured, I will try a different med. If any of you have noticed, I DO NOT give up easily, if ever.
    "Damb Pig Headed Woman" (That's a quote from my hubby, lol )
    Besides, I love him too much for him to die, I tell him this every day. He knows it too. Just ask him, lol.

I think I should have changed my name to sea horse slave instead of sea horse whisperer, lol. My kids are starting to feel neglected. I will have to treat them to a special day that doesn't include anything "fishy". (don't tell my sea horses, they won't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Horse~Whisperer
    "Damb Pig Headed Woman" (That's a quote from my hubby, lol )
    Besides, I love him too much for him to die, I tell him this every day. He knows it too. Just ask him, lol.
    You tell the seahorse or your hubby?
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

The sea horse of course, lol. Now why would I tell my husband I love him? Especially every day?? That would be silly! ~

Kenny_Graham - Reefkeeper CR Member

Cuddle Fish have to talked to dakkar?
    Kenny G

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Graham
    Cuddle Fish have to talked to dakkar?
    ????

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last