[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

100g 60x18x22 project start to finish i hope

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    CR Member

Default Overflow experments

I like quiet systems! I played around with a few thing to help with noise which was ok to begin with. The third pic shows the best high tech solution i have found yet. But i am still messing around. Thank you Chris, sumps are easy! find a good glass shop and don't but a cheap caulk gun!

nice stevebla ..ty for some info
    chris

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

wow looks very nice
    :: hummer :nemo

CR Member

Default plumbing

I have my plumbing about done. Have to fill it back up with fresh water for a test tomorrow with coffee in hand, will make for a nice morning. Picture descriptions,1 skimmer in sump a bit tight but should work, 2 Overflow box with nipple inserted in 90 deg i don't think this was worth the trouble but since i have it will most likely use it. 3 Pipe, indecision caused there to be a fitting or two that are unnecessary will use it as I own it lol. 4 place for auto top off I use gravity most of the time but this space says "DATO" by Dakar I might put DATO on a timer, on for a few min twice a day,all for now.

Pic Of skimmer sump had file size problem will post tomorrow with water.

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

hope you have a great morning and a dounut
    :: hummer :nemo

lol hummer

cweber - Reefkeeper CR Member

Looks great. I dont understand the two pieces of pipe going up from the over flow 90 and the one just out the back of the tank. If i read right these are for noise reasons, but wont the air from those cause gurgling noises?

CR Member

Default vents

Both pipes are vents the one inside the aquarium into the 90 deg was an experiment, it did not quiet the overflow much. The t fitting on the outside is also a vent and allows air to flow with the water, it is necessary in my opinion. I am running around 500 gph through that plumbing with very little noise, no gurgling or toilet flushing sounds. I am happy with it but if I was going to do it over I think i would use two 1.25" or 1" fittings instead of the 1.5" You can google "Durso standpipe" or "Stockman overflow" for more Ideas. I was surprised that the capacity of the 1.5 is limited as it is, when i borrowed my Rio 2100 and put it in the sump with the Rio 2500 the overflow just barely handled the 800 or 900 gph. I thought i would be able to run 1500 gph. I wonder if it is lack of pressure near the top of tank where it is drilled. But the 500 gph in the sump is just right in my opinion.

CR Member

Default Tank filled with salt water!!!!

Was a busy day moved my 55g and set up the 100g. The tank has 100 pounds of dry coral sand and 90 pounds of well cured live rock. The rock was cured for over a month and had 3 100% water changes the first week. The water in trash can was kept at 75 deg and had two power heads one on the bottom pointing up and one on the top pointing down. All the contents of rock container was placed/poured into tank. I made no attempt to aqua scape the tank. More pictures tomorrow after it clears a bit!

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last