[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

binfords 150

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    The chalice on the overflows are epoxyed on all the stuuf on the glass is magnets.I was worried about the same problem(rust)so I used only magnets that are completly coated with plastic.I really like the magnets and my turbo snails redecorate the back glass all the time to give it a new look.I think they're playing checkers lol On the good side they have yet to knock one off
    LOL that is too funny! i never thought of the epoxying idea! yeah i want to get some magnet plugs just only have seen them at swaps... i might have to get an online order for some.

CR Member

I cant remember where, but I bought some black vinyl to cover the back of a tank once. It worked quite well, you just need to make sure there are no bubbles.

It was hard for me because it I only have like 4 inches from the back to the wall. If you have the room it would be easier than painting and you could change it

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I think any paint should work. A lot of people use krylon spray paint but being on a running tank I think rolling some low/no VOC paint is the way to go. As for enclosing the stand... if its metal what about using some magnets to hold fabric or thin plywood. That would make them easily and completely removable.

Tom

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    I think any paint should work. A lot of people use krylon spray paint but being on a running tank I think rolling some low/no VOC paint is the way to go. As for enclosing the stand... if its metal what about using some magnets to hold fabric or thin plywood. That would make them easily and completely removable.

Tom
    I'll take a look next time I'm at lowesThe idea's growing on me.They should have some kinda of GREEN(enviromental green) paint.Not totaly likeing the idea of covering all the toy's.I have a bad habit of digging around the tank tweaking and just plain driving the wife nuts.Guess I should spend alittle more time with her when I get home instead of running to the tank room.Next house will have a basement for sure.Then it's time for an upgrade and an in wall project or a divorce if she reads this lol

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Beautiful fish, corals, clams (I'd love to see some close-ups of them) and coralline covered rock. But the exposed equipment and clear back glass majorly distract from the DT... IMHO.

Tom
    DSC00831 - binfords 150

DSC00682 - binfords 150

004 - binfords 150 DSC00691 - binfords 150

close enough?? lol

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Awesome. Clams are one of the best reef tank inhabitants (IMO). That derasa is nice and will be HUGE before you know it. Looks like you may be have a couple croceas and possibly a maxima too?

Tom

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Awesome. Clams are one of the best reef tank inhabitants (IMO). That derasa is nice and will be HUGE before you know it. Looks like you may be have a couple croceas and possibly a maxima too?

Tom
    Nice eye,I love the clams almost as much as acro's.I know he's going to get big but the trop had em cheap and just couldn't resist.I'll probably re scape when he out grows his spot or maybee a clam tank?? yeahh that's a thought.The wife wouldn't miss her frag tank anyway. lol

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wow that clam is awesome! Did I or did I not see a cats face? It's hard for me to read it, what does that little sign say?
    Binford, I could look at your tank for a week and still not see everything, Woot woot!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member

Hey Binford4000,
    I thought I would chime in with my 2 cents about painting the background. I painted my old tank with black latex paint. Worked great, looks great, and if you wanted to change the color or redo it later on down the road it peels off with little effort. Maybe some food for thought!

-Steven

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Wow that clam is awesome! Did I or did I not see a cats face? It's hard for me to read it, what does that little sign say?
    Binford, I could look at your tank for a week and still not see everything, Woot woot!
    The decale say's binford 3000.Because it's a three foot lite fixture I made for an old tank we had.It was so brite the house's blue windows could be seen at night from pretty far off down the road.Hence the binford jokes began.Guess six T5's is alittle to much for a 36 gal bowfront for some neighbors. lol Not sure what ya meen by cat face.Thanks for the info Steve,I'll give it a shot

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last